Turning On Freshwater

Biscayne208

Reaction score
My freshwater switch in front of my gunnel mounted faucet doesnt light up and doesnt pump water when I flick it on. Am i missing Something? Do I need to have an accesory switch turned on also?

If any of you have had this issue how did you remedy it? Where is the fuse for this pump?

Thanks in advance

timberxx

Reaction score
Do you hear the pump?

First I would check that the connections to the pump are tight.

Second, I would check your strainer or filter. I had to treat my system with bleach to kill growth that clogged up the system.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
timberxx said:
Do you hear the pump?

First I would check that the connections to the pump are tight.

Second, I would check your strainer or filter. I had to treat my system with bleach to kill growth that clogged up the system.

Ditto. I had the same problem last year.

Biscayne208

Reaction score
no I cannot hear the pump. I think it is either the pump not working or a blown fuse. Where is the fuse for this pump located?

seabob4

Reaction score
Biscayne208 said:
no I cannot hear the pump. I think it is either the pump not working or a blown fuse. Where is the fuse for this pump located?

Do you have another fresh water pump switch located on the helm switch panel? If not, turn on your acc. switches, one of those may feed the switch by your spigot.

Being a GW, I would imagine that switch is protected by a breaker, not a fuse.

Biscayne208

Reaction score
I found the cause. Apparently the fuse had fallen out behind the helm at the fuse panel. Put in a 20 amp and shes golden. I purchased a stainless steel Scandvik shower that I will install tonight.. Thanks for all the replies.

seabob4

Reaction score
Biscayne208 said:
I found the cause. Apparently the fuse had fallen out behind the helm at the fuse panel. Put in a 20 amp and shes golden. I purchased a stainless steel Scandvik shower that I will install tonight.. Thanks for all the replies.

I'd drop that fuse down to a 10A if I were you...
1sm088doubleup.gif