TV installation on marlin

MikeC

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Wondering if any of you can share thoughts on installation of a flat screen tv / dvd in an 03 Marlin.

My boat had a small fold down screen ( similatr to what you would see in a mini van ), that was mounted up by the anchor locker, but it has seen it's last day.

I am planning on mounting on the wall of the head.

Primarily used for my occasional use by my younger daughter, ideally to have the ability to use underway or at the dock. Occasional overnight use to be able to watch a movie.

I have a generator, so I can hvae 120v while underway, and I have shorepower available at my slip.

Thoughts on the difference between a low cost model from a place like best buy vs. paying a premium for a "marine" model?

Currently thinking of rolling the dice and going with the lower cost option.

Any advice or pictures of a clever install would be appreciated.

bc282

Reaction score
wait a couple weeks and buy an iPad2.
perhaps not as large a screen but infinitely more flexible and useful in so many more situations.
was planning to buy an ipad, but will wait for the iPad2 myself.

freddy063

Reaction score
I put a 15" flat screen tv from Sears ,cut the tranformer out of the cord and the 12 volts ( just make sure the tranformer is 12 V)from my boat worked fine, the dvd I got from a car stearo shop , total cost around 400.

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Here is how I did mine
DSCN1759a.JPG

Audiovox with built in DVD. Sound plays through the speakers on the boat and the video is output to the Navnet at the helm also.