Twins

Pfu

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
How do people work on the port engine right side when twins are present. My skinny you son is in Germany with his F35 squadron so he is out and I am well over 230# so not fitting between engines. Over the top? Minor work with control cables but worried of dropping clips and pins.

Too late for a diet!

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It's just like when the ashtray gets full in your Bugati....it's time to trade it in. When you have that insurmountable problem on your 232, just sell it to me and buy a new one.:)

Pfu

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
It's just like when the ashtray gets full in your Bugati....it's time to trade it in. When you have that insurmountable problem on your 232, just sell it to me and buy a new one.:)
Wish I had that kind of money!

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Don't change the length, just drop the bolt out of one end. That will only work if you have a single steering cylinder. If there is a cylinder on each engine it won't help you. If you do have two cylinders and have been planning to bleed the steering then you can move them by letting oil out as you push them apart with the tie rod free. Then bleed the system when done. It might be easier to go down to the beach and find a skinny bikini gal and bring her home to help.

PT G

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Voyager
How do people work on the port engine right side when twins are present. My skinny you son is in Germany with his F35 squadron so he is out and I am well over 230# so not fitting between engines. Over the top? Minor work with control cables but worried of dropping clips and pins.

Too late for a diet!
Thank the young son for his service. Not an easy time for a parent to have skin in "this" game, keep the faith. I know too well you are serving too. And good luck with the engine work...

Pfu

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Don't change the length, just drop the bolt out of one end. That will only work if you have a single steering cylinder. If there is a cylinder on each engine it won't help you. If you do have two cylinders and have been planning to bleed the steering then you can move them by letting oil out as you push them apart with the tie rod free. Then bleed the system when done. It might be easier to go down to the beach and find a skinny bikini gal and bring her home to help.
always looking for a skinny first mate - lol!

Pfu

Reaction score
Model
Gulfstream
Was able to split the engines - thanks for the obvious. Bad news (?) was everything looked like it should. Now turning to throttle controls to validate setup there.

You guys are the best! Two days to launch.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Throttle and shift cables are held in with a plastic clip/snap. Sometimes the clip pops and cables come out of detent. Sometimes you need a tywrap - belt and suspenders.