U-channel trim for side panels, etc.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hi,

Anyone have a lead on a nice product to use to replace the trim that runs on the inside gunwale and above and around the storage box "seats" behind the helm? I found OEM beige flexible Grady trim on eBay from Taylor, but it's simply too expensive. There are several "auto door protectors" but those are a little inelegant, IMO.

There must be a flexible U-Channel out there somewhere, right? Any success stories? Thanks.

Fishtales

Reaction score
It's a boat... It's a GW. Everything is outrageous.... To be honest, you know the OEM stuff will last and Taylor makes good products. I'd bite the bullet and get it.

Reactions: ScottyCee

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
That's what the voice in my head has been saying too. He's been getting his way a lot lately though. Hmm... Thanks.

seasick

Reaction score
It's a boat... It's a GW. Everything is outrageous.... To be honest, you know the OEM stuff will last and Taylor makes good products. I'd bite the bullet and get it.
Fishtales,
You seem to be more willing to spend the dollars ( scupper replacement flappers)
You may have the right attitude; Don't worry, just buy the darn parts!
Cheers,
Seasick

Fishtales

Reaction score
I got 3 in college the last in private high school. The money will always be spent, so spend some on your toys!

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I'll take some measurements. The ones on the gunwales are probably OK, so I might get away with one 10' strip. That would be affordable if I don't take off all the older stuff. I'm nearly certain that my wife will see it that way too... :cool:

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Taco Marine makes a bunch of this stuff. Probably won't be the color you want. It should be less expensive, though - I guess it all depends on how important the "look" is to you.

ScottyCee

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks. I didn't like thiers as much, so I think I'm just going to step up. It's only money, right? Shoot, I just paid $55 for 2 stainless steel cup holders. Who am I kidding?

HookUp

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Buy once - cry once.

Always been my motto