Uline Echelon Refrigerator Freezer quit working on Grady 360.

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
I have a Uline Echelon Refrigerator Freezer Combo that operates off 110 plug (Generator or shore Power). While traveling in the Bahamas it stopped working when we hooked up to shore power at a marina. The digital control shows no signs of power so the first thing I checked was the outlet that it is plugged into. It had power. I was wondering if a power surge could have caused this when I plugged in the shore power as it had been working great. I read that a power surge can fry the little control unit which is a simple plug in box. I could not find a fuse anywhere or a reset. I would appreciate any advice or ideas you may have.

Thanks
C

Last edited:

DSC

Reaction score
I have a Uline Echelon Refrigerator Freezer Combo that operates off 110 plug (Generator or shore Power). While traveling in the Bahamas it stopped working when we hooked up to shore power at a marina. The digital control shows no signs of power so the first thing I checked was the outlet that it is plugged into. It had power. I was wondering if a power surge could have caused this when I plugged in the shore power as it had been working great. I read that a power surge can fry the little control unit which is a simple plug in box. I could not find a fuse anywhere or a reset. I would appreciate any advice or ideas you may have.

Thanks
C
C,

I just had the same thing happen to mine. Did you ever figure out the cause or fix?

Reaction score
Model
Express 360
I did. After having an appliance service tech check it out, he told me that it was the main little computer board located at the bottom of the unit. He told me it was simple to replace and that I could order it online so that's exactly what I did. I ordered the part directly from U-Line and it cost around $150 including shipping. You can access this part by removing the front bottom plate under the drawers. Be sure the power is off. The computer board had 3 plug in points which were simple to handle. It has little plastic spacers or legs on the bottom to keep the board from coming into contact with the sheet metal bottom and possible shorting out. Very Important that these little plastic legs be in place because we left one of the corners off and the board touched the metal bottom and popped and shot sparks. Fortunately we did no damage and I was able to complete the rest of the installation without any issues. Once the new board was plugged I had to program the board following the easy steps that came with the replacement board. The programming is done by pushing the temperature control buttons in the top drawer.

A couple of points of interest:

The Company I originally called to check the refrigerator quoted $475 to handle the repair plus the cost of the initial assessment so there is a pretty good savings doing it yourself.
There is a small fuse on the computer board but that was not the issue on my old computer board. In fact even when we accidentally caused arching between the circuit board and the metal floor id did not blow that fuse.

I hope this helps you out. My refrigerator / freezer and ice maker are now back working just as good as before.

C

Reactions: Peter’s Dream II

DSC

Reaction score
Thanks so much. Ordered the part. Much appreciated!!

Peter’s Dream II

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I did. After having an appliance service tech check it out, he told me that it was the main little computer board located at the bottom of the unit. He told me it was simple to replace and that I could order it online so that's exactly what I did. I ordered the part directly from U-Line and it cost around $150 including shipping. You can access this part by removing the front bottom plate under the drawers. Be sure the power is off. The computer board had 3 plug in points which were simple to handle. It has little plastic spacers or legs on the bottom to keep the board from coming into contact with the sheet metal bottom and possible shorting out. Very Important that these little plastic legs be in place because we left one of the corners off and the board touched the metal bottom and popped and shot sparks. Fortunately we did no damage and I was able to complete the rest of the installation without any issues. Once the new board was plugged I had to program the board following the easy steps that came with the replacement board. The programming is done by pushing the temperature control buttons in the top drawer.

A couple of points of interest:

The Company I originally called to check the refrigerator quoted $475 to handle the repair plus the cost of the initial assessment so there is a pretty good savings doing it yourself.
There is a small fuse on the computer board but that was not the issue on my old computer board. In fact even when we accidentally caused arching between the circuit board and the metal floor id did not blow that fuse.

I hope this helps you out. My refrigerator / freezer and ice maker are now back working just as good as before.

C
Thank you so much. My 2008 Eschelon just quit totally, not even a light on the control panel in top drawer. I was about to pull the unit out to look for any in-line fuse.
so, I will go find the board and call and order one, after checking the on board fuse.
thanks.
Peter in Punta Gorda, Fl.