Under Water Lights

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
If you have added underwater lights to the transom of an 04 282 Sailfish, I'd be interested in photos showing where you put them, even better, some measurements.

Attachments

• 0315221544_HDR.jpg
    0315221544_HDR.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 31

TortugaBob

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Not a Sailfish, but Marlin, used Stern Pads w/ 3M adhesive, don't like holes. Lumitecs like yours, multi color. They have been on since 2019, on transom just below water line between tow hooks and motors. Ran wires up into the wash box and thru the hole already there for transducer.

Ridge Runner

Reaction score
Not a Sailfish, but Marlin, used Stern Pads w/ 3M adhesive, don't like holes. Lumitecs like yours, multi color. They have been on since 2019, on transom just below water line between tow hooks and motors. Ran wires up into the wash box and thru the hole already there for transducer.
I am considering this option for the middle one... I have discovered that no matter how I twist or contort myself trying to reach down into the access panels to reach where the back of the hole will come through, I cannot get in there far enough. They come with a rubber stress reliever that you are supposed to shove in the back of the hole, but I don't see how I can get down in there to do it. How far below the waterline do these things normally go? I might be able to do it if I raise it up to only be a few inches under water at rest... I wanted it down as far as I could get it, but... Any tips or tricks from those who have done it?
Has anyone put them in without the stress relievers?

Last edited: