Underseat Storage Door Frames

SilverLining

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
272 Sailfish - The molded plastic door frames on each of the two underseat storage areas are yellowed and scuffed. Tried to wet sand a small area with no real effect. Any thoughts on refinishing or cleaning these??

Local GW dealer quoted $177.00 each for the frames and a 3 week special order. Part #s 10-431 & 10-432.

gw204

Reaction score
Krylon makes a paint suitable for use on plastics. You might try that. I think it's called "Fusion".

seasick

Reaction score
SilverLining said:
272 Sailfish - The molded plastic door frames on each of the two underseat storage areas are yellowed and scuffed. Tried to wet sand a small area with no real effect. Any thoughts on refinishing or cleaning these??

Local GW dealer quoted $177.00 each for the frames and a 3 week special order. Part #s 10-431 & 10-432.

Wet sanding wont help the finish since the luster is (was) on the surface.
You can try the Krylon paint. I have used it on plastic and it works OK. The finish won't be really glossy but it will probably look better than it does now. You have to apply several coats for it to work. Follow the directions and don't over spray. The paint runs easily.
If you can remove the frames and spray flat, that will help a lot with the outcome.

Derros

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Wet sanding wont help the finish since the luster is (was) on the surface.
You can try the Krylon paint. I have used it on plastic and it works OK. Here storage companies near me. The finish won't be really glossy but it will probably look better than it does now. You have to apply several coats for it to work. Follow the directions and don't over spray. The paint runs easily.
If you can remove the frames and spray flat, that will help a lot with the outcome.

Yes, good advice!

seasick

Reaction score
Derros,
welcome to the forum. How you picked this thread to respond to is a mystery. My last comment was 11 years ago:)

Reactions: Ridge Runner