Underwater LED light that replaces drain plug

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with this product?

http://www.tojoseabelow.com/

Saw it in my new fishing magazine, looks pretty simple and for less than $300 its a heck of a price for a single light.

I have never seen or heard of it before the magazine, just the high end LED's that cost thousands to buy and install.

bigk23surf

Reaction score
Looks like a good idea, wonder if anyone has tried it. Before I buy it I would want to hear some opinions on it.

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
it seems like a logical idea for sure, but while the pics on the website look OK enough, the rating on brightness is nothing to brag about, and the overall website looks somewhat low end imho.

I just thought I would ask as it could be one of those sleeper products that works great but no one knows about them because they aren't advertised or promoted enough.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
megabytes said:
Just got my Ocean A12s on. Look great in day but I really want to see them light up the water at night!

I'm very interested too, so some pics are def. in order.

How many A12's you installing?

I was going to install a set this year, but i really can't make up my mind. I had my mind set at Coastal lighting, as i had them before, but people say they leak?????? , i really don't know what to do.

sel1005

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
yes please, pics and anything you can share on pricing and installation. Boat is going in the shop for annual maint in 3 weeks and I have been looking at them, what color did you get? Underwater only or did you get under gunwale too?

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
2 blue A12s at the bottom of the area above the tabs.
Wired to the aux switch on the panel.
Fellow who installed worked for WB GW dealer (rigged Megabytes in 03) and is now on his own. Does top shelf work. He really likes the Ocean Amphibians. They require a very small transom hole and are sealed.
He recently installed the same setup on a 35 Cabo. Cost was $1500 for the lights and $210 for labor (3 hours).

Can't wait to see them at night. Will take pix.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Talk about not even getting kissed. That is one pricey light. Nice idea, but way to much green. I'll drop a light when I need it.