Update on 93 Gulfstream issues

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I posted about some problems on my new-to-me boat. Since then I've spoken with several people about my props including Bay Propeller. Initially I was quite impressed by Bay - I'd called the Tuesday before the July 4th weekend and spent a couple of hours on the phone with them. They couldn't find the 4-blade counter rotating props for my boat in the size he thought I needed in the catalogues they had. We ended the conversation with them doing more research and calling me back Tuesday or Wednesday. Well, I haven't heard from them yet. I'm kind of bummed because we were going to pull the existing props off and true them up and cup them as in interim step.

I spoke with my local Suzuki dealer several times and he recommended going to a 4-blade prop, just like Bay did. He called Powertek and discussed my situation with them and their recommendation was for 13 1/4 x 18 4 blake. I've ordered the props but am concerned I'm not going to be gaining much over my 14x18 3 blade props. I'll be able to exchange them if they don't work out but it'll cost me about $100 in exchange fees and shipping.

What do you think the effect of the smaller diameter props will be?

Gary 93 Gulfstream