Upgrades on Marlin

Lil Lucky

Reaction score
Hey everyone - I haven't posted in a long time. I've done alot of mods on my 2002 GW Marlin since then. Here's a list of them so far (that I remember).

1) Installed a 1,900W JL Audio System (14 Speakers, 2 Subs, 2 Rocket Launcher Speakers, 3 amps) w/ Pioneer Head Unit and easy access controls at the helm
2) 19" or 21' (I forget) Samsung LED TV with Samsung Bluray Player & Satellite Dish
3) 3 Ocean LED Amphibian Pro A12 Blue Underwater LEDS
4) Updated the Striping and Logos to the 2012 GW Styling
5) Replaced the Vinyl Logos of the twin yammies
6) Blue LEDs under the gunnels running to the helm
7) Added the optional 3rd battery per motor (needed for the sound system!)
8) Replaced the Spreader lights with Clear White LEDs

Next project is a center rigger and at least two more rod holders and possibly a rocket launcher plate at the stern of the boat. Anyone have any ideas or pictures of any mods relating to that?

PS - Check out some of my pics on the Marlin Gallery - just uploaded a few

Fishtales

Reaction score
I like the new badging and striping. How much did the parts run? Did you replace the marlin badge as well? That stereo sounds insane. Some pics would be nice. I did the under gunnel blue LED strips. They are nice. Good luck with her.

fishie1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Lil Lucky said:
Hey everyone - I haven't posted in a long time. I've done alot of mods on my 2002 GW Marlin since then. Here's a list of them so far (that I remember).

Next project is . . . . possibly a rocket launcher plate at the stern of the boat. Anyone have any ideas or pictures of any mods relating to that?

PS - Check out some of my pics on the Marlin Gallery - just uploaded a few

Everything looks great!

Here is a pic of the rocket launcher I added to my 02 Marlin.
launcher3.jpg

REBThunderroad

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
WOW - love the stripe upgrades and underwater lights. How much did the the strip kit cost? How hard were the lights to install?

I just added a center rigger from Lee Out riggers. It is the adjustable one with a 12 foot pole. It is an awesome addition. Worked great in the Bahamas this year.

I also add a full JL audio set up (speakers in the walk around step up and in the radio box), teak floor insert under the table, trim tab indicator and auto retract, Impact drains to the cup holder in the transom, transom battery box hatch fish cutting board (Grady now makes these now for the Marlin), gunnel led lights, nets in the radio boxes, and a fan in the cabin.

I have been trying to add upgrades as I think of them.

Rob

2005 GW Marlin 300 twin F250's