Upgrading speakers on Marlin 300

Lil Lucky

Reaction score
I was looking to upgrade the speakers in the helm and cabin this year, but since I have the boat currently winterized, I can't see the size of the existing speakers. Does anyone know offhand what the sizes are for the ones in the helm vs the ones in the cabin on a '02 Marlin 300? Any help would be great.. thanks in advance!

Tuna Man

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have a 06 and I think they are 5" round ( I am not certian, boat is also covered about 60 miles from here). I would contact Grady directly, I'm sure they will have the answer.

gradyfish22

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Are they kenwood's by chance, my 2002 265 had 6.5" kenwood's(model # KFC 1650 MRW) and they have seen their day. I just purchased Infinity 602M speakers to replace them, they are 6.5" speakers. I am not 100% positive they are the same as what is in your boat, but it is very likely they are if they were installed by the factory. Hopefully others will chime in with Marlin's to confirm this. I will have the speakers in in a week, I will let you know how they sound, but I am positive they will be 100% better then what i have now. You should be able to call Grady and give them your HIN and they will know exactly what was installed and can give you that model, you can always search online the model to find its size and specs.