Used Grady Parts

GW96

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows a place online that sells parts for older Grady's or really if anything like that exists.

I need a box cover on the port side of my 1996 272 Sailfish. It was busted up and delaminated when I bought the boat 3 years ago, about the only thing not in great shape, and has gotten worse. Figured I'd look for a used one (if possible) before taking it to a glass guy. Actually not even sure a glass guy could fix it, it's so bad or if they could it will probably cost a lot more than I want to spend.

Pics attached

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 1,887
  • FullSizeRender (6).jpg
    FullSizeRender (6).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,887

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Have an idea that you may or may not like. You could dig out the rotten part of the hatch and fill back with white marine-Tex epoxy, sand smooth, and then lay over a wide white strip of adhesive tread tape sold at west marine. Use the tape on both sides so it will look right.
Some might think that's a half a$$ way of repairing but it'll be within a budget, be solid and look ok.
Sometimes it's wise to choose which problem you throw the big money at. :wink:
Older boats can nickel and dime you to death if you let them.
Mike

fellinger

Reaction score
I have the same boat in a 1995. I bought the boat last year and it has the same problem on all of the lid covers. I found a guy in Croydon, PA that did all 5 of mine, repaired my pulpit, dock rash, touched-up some other spots and wet sanded the hull for $1,200! It was a steal that I could not go wrong with even if it turned out to be of mediocre quality. It turned out awesome or my liking. For the year of the boat and what I use it for I am 100% happy with the repair. I am sure you could mail him the pieces or drop them off if you come down for a Philly trip.

If you'd like his information please let me know.

Fred

Attachments

• Starboard Box Damage.JPG
    Starboard Box Damage.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,801
  • Starboard Box Repaired.jpg
    Starboard Box Repaired.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,800

Punch53

Reaction score
There are 2 places in Babylon NY that will duplicate the hatches in Starboard using CNC technology. I need the fishbox hatch on my Seararer replaced and was told it was no problem.

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I fixed a couple of those hatches last spring. Not a bad project. I let them sit all winter next to a wood stove to be sure they were dry prior to the repairs. They are not an exact match to original but look pretty good.

jcacchio

Reaction score
Fred, could you tell me who did the repair in Croydon? I have a 2002 gulfstream that needs the same repair. I keep my boat in Ocean Pines MD, but I live in Richboro PA. Thanks!

fellinger

Reaction score
jcacchio said:
Fred, could you tell me who did the repair in Croydon? I have a 2002 gulfstream that needs the same repair. I keep my boat in Ocean Pines MD, but I live in Richboro PA. Thanks!

His name is Chris. I want to say the company name is Total Fabrication. He is not very tech savvy so, I doubt he is on the internet. He does a lot of custom plastic and mold work for rare vintage cars. His number is: (267) 566-6741. He is sometimes hard to get a hold of too. LOL. For the price it's worth it.

Marlon Jones

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Hi I need a 2001 grady 248 voyager black acylic locking cabin door top or somewhere to purchase one, does anyone have any information, I bought it like that.