V-Locks on the old Grady

mwrowan

Reaction score
I put V-Locks on my old Grady, use them for everything. 2 on each side.

Grill, bait table, cup holders, tackle box, cooler, down rigger, you name it.

Works great but you should know that I am biased because I invented them :)

Bait_Station.jpg

Grill2.jpg

Table1.jpg

rod_tackle.jpg

Mike

seasick

Reaction score
So in other word this is a cheap shot post for an ad...

mwrowan

Reaction score
Not an Ad, jut information

seasick is suggesting that I am spamming. I disagree.

1. I own a Grady
2. I figured out what I think is a neat solution to a problem
3. I thought other Grady owners might appreciate it

I did not link to my website or indicate that it is for sale or do any commercial promotion at all.

I understand why you try to keep spammers and commercials off the boards but I do not think I crossed the line.

The photos on my post were actually for marketing, and that may be where I screwed up, but I use all that gear in real life (when my electrical system is in good shape)

If after pleading my case, I guess ban me if you think I broke the rules, but I would like to remain here.

Mike

gwwannabe

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Mike, for what it's worth, I don't think you crossed any line. You showed an option for mounting gear and was upfront about your interest in it. My vote is for you.

Gary 93 Gulfstream

seasick

Reaction score
I am not really upset about the message but i still think it is somewhat south of appropriate for this forum. As you mentioned, you posted marketing photos.
You don't start off by saying. 'I found a wedge type of mounting device....."
It isn't hard to find you web site for the product and a specific URL wasn't needed.
At least you were upfront about your relationship to the product. That is to be commended
Now let's hear from any Grady owners who have used the product to see what they think about it.
Enjoy the holiday and be safe.

Bob Coco

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
V Locks

Your product is fantastic. I put two on my transom and attached my large bait board to it. I now install my bbq into the bait board as well. I cut a piece of Azek (similar to starboard but cheaper) the inside diameter of the baitboard. I made two 2" risers from mahogany and attached two stainless steel barrel bolts and the bbq sits comfortably over the transom with enough clearance to fully tilt engines up.

I sent you photos as you requested and I never received a free mount as you promised. You have a great product and I will gladly tell anyone about it. By the way, I can stand on top of my bait board. The brackets are that strong. So send me the mount and I'll send additional photos with the bbq installed as well.

Regards, Bob

uncljohn

Reaction score
How come the rod holder is leaning to the inside of the boat? I think that one's mounted backwards....

mwrowan

Reaction score
uncljohn said:
How come the rod holder is leaning to the inside of the boat? I think that one's mounted backwards....

uncljohn

The insert can go into the base either way. I did not think about it when I took the picture.

Mike

mwrowan

Reaction score
NO REGRETS said:
MIKE PUT MY PICS UP FOR ME :wink: :!:, THANKS ANDY

Due to technical difficulties sustained by NO REGRETS I am putting the pictures he sent me of his V-Lock Rocket Launcher installation. :0

Rocket1.jpg

Rocket2.jpg

Rocket3.jpg

Rocket4.jpg

Nice job Andy!

Mike
V-Lock

mronzo

Reaction score
That's pretty cool! What do they go for?