Valise coastal liferaft storage 2000 sailfish 272

Jamato14

Reaction score
Any tips on where/how to store a valise raft on a sailfish 272 so it’s accessible but kept dry? First year with one and testing different spots before I’m launched there isn’t a great place out of the way but also accessible. Any insight appreciated.

amf282

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
There is no good spot. We kept ours in the cabin, then tried to find somewhere to keep it. never found a good spot. Shift gears and roof mounted in a hard case.

mleads310

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
My valise is under my feet at the helm....I haven't found a good place for it on the 282. Fortunately I'm not that tall of a guy so it doesn't bother me any while underway

Reactions: Jamato14

Fishtales

Reaction score
I keep mine in the aft birth on the 30' marlin. It's in the cabin but if I ever needed it, I know the adrenaline would be flowing and it would be in the water in a couple of minutes.

Bg56126

Reaction score
Model
Express 330
How about mounted under the hard top or on deck but below the helm there was a decent size area down below the cupholder and speaker that extended down past the seat.

Jamato14

Reaction score
There is no good spot. We kept ours in the cabin, then tried to find somewhere to keep it. never found a good spot. Shift gears and roof mounted in a hard case.
That’s what I was afraid of. I had a hard case but was told by Grady dont mount on the roof under any circumstances so didn’t but should have stuck with that one

Jamato14

Reaction score
I keep mine in the aft birth on the 30' marlin. It's in the cabin but if I ever needed it, I know the adrenaline would be flowing and it would be in the water in a couple of minutes.
The door on my cabin is tight, after a couple minutes of forcing and pivoting I decided not to bring it below in fear of not getting it out. My friends ‘99 272 has a slightly wider door and it’d work with that setup but mines just too tight to get below unfortunately

Jamato14

Reaction score
How about mounted under the hard top or on deck but below the helm there was a decent size area down below the cupholder and speaker that extended down past the seat.
Mines a little big for those spots unfortunately but I have them a try. Hard to see the size relative in the picture but it takes up one entire side either helm or passenger side from floor to just under my knees and from the cup holder spot out to the aisle

Attachments

• 72D2A188-5B9C-40A3-8F9D-12630CDDF2D4.jpeg
    72D2A188-5B9C-40A3-8F9D-12630CDDF2D4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5