Vantage Ceramic Coating

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
When I got the new Grady I also got the Vantage ceramic coating with the 5 year guarantee through MarineMax. Just got the ceramic applied. Can't really tell a difference, but I'm not actually concerned about the appearance, I bought it for the warranty. Has anyone had to make a claim on their Vantage plan? Just curious how issues are handled.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
What does this magic coating do? What does the warranty cover it for? How long does it last? How often do you have to re-do it?

On my AwlGrip AwlCraft 2000 paint they have a special wash and a no-wax sealer.

Awlcare is a protective polymer sealer, formulated to protect Awlgrip, Awlcraft 2000 and Awlgrip HDT from acid rain, environmental pollutants and abrasion. Leaves a non-yellowing protective coat that lasts through multiple washings.

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
What does this magic coating do? What does the warranty cover it for? How long does it last? How often do you have to re-do it?

On my AwlGrip AwlCraft 2000 paint they have a special wash and a no-wax sealer.

Awlcare is a protective polymer sealer, formulated to protect Awlgrip, Awlcraft 2000 and Awlgrip HDT from acid rain, environmental pollutants and abrasion. Leaves a non-yellowing protective coat that lasts through multiple washings.
It covers all rips, tears, and stains to all surfaces to which it's applied. It's a basic ceramic coating.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
It covers all rips, tears, and stains to all surfaces to which it's applied. It's a basic ceramic coating.

This is a film applied like a wrap?

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
This is a film applied like a wrap?
It's not a wrap. It's sprayed on. I didn't get to see them apply it, but it's a liquid. They do have a film wrap product.

Boatless in Florida

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 285
I'd like to see a boat that had this product applied to it 2,3,4,5, years ago to see how it ages/performs. How long has it been around?

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
I'd like to see a boat that had this product applied to it 2,3,4,5, years ago to see how it ages/performs. How long has it been around?
Ceramic coatings have been around for years and are very effective. I'm more concerned about the warranty than the appearance. That's the main reason I got it. My old boat cushions were a mess and the deck was getting chalky. This guarantees that will not happen.

Recoil Rob

Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
" My old boat cushions were a mess and the deck was getting chalky. This guarantees that will not happen."
Doesn't really guarantee it won't happen, only that if it does you have recourse...I hope it works though, I'm tired of waxing every year, and it's only the second year and it's only a 180...:p

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
Doesn't really guarantee it won't happen, only that if it does you have recourse...I hope it works though, I'm tired of waxing every year, and it's only the second year and it's only a 180...:p
That's all I care about. If the cushions get moldy within the next 5 years where I can't get them clean, they get replaced.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
They put this coating on your hull, topside and your cushions?

Beyond A Wake

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 335
Sounds fishy to me with same coat on hull and cushions.... I use different wax for the hull compared to vinyl protector....
Anyhow, I have seen some horror examples of ceramic coating on a few year old boats here in South FL. I watched one being sanded down to get it off and rebuffed and waxed to look like new. I am sure it also has to do how the oat is stored, indoors under cover or outside. The darker the hull color the more critical it becomes to frequently clean and wax the boat, the ceramic in this case did the situation worse as you are supposed to do nothing to maintain it for years.
I am storing boat indoors and rinse and clean after each use and have it waxed Ab. once a year.

I am using a self administered ceramic on my cars, they are garaged and it works really well. Easy to just rinse and dry instead of having a heavy wash ever so often. I don't take them to car wash so that is maybe another difference.

So make sure you watch the coating for deterioration or dulling the surface at any time but getting rid of it is a b__ch.

Good luck

H

SeanC

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Same product but different formulations. Usually one for paint and gel coat, one for glass, one for vinyl and one for fabric, The misconception many people have is that Is maintenance free. I ceramic coated my boat but am just a diligent with cleaning after use as when I was waxing it. If you maintain it correctly it lasts much longer than waxing.

Reactions: FREEDOM!!!

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
you didnt mention it, but does it the warranty cover fading caused by the sun? thats what i would be most interested in

FREEDOM!!!

Reaction score
Model
Freedom 235
you didnt mention it, but does it the warranty cover fading caused by the sun? thats what i would be most interested in
Yes. Fading and discoloration are clearly mentioned in the warranty.