Vent hose on a 204 c

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering how other folks with 204 c overnighters get to the vent hose that is on the port side behind the jump seats off. I took the hatch off to look @ the tank and the tank and hatch still look good 4 a 1988 model i will try to post pics went i get down to the boat again thanks 4 reading jeff

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
SUNSHINE 204 C said:
Hi i was wondering how other folks with 204 c overnighters get to the vent hose that is on the port side behind the jump seats off. I took the hatch off to look @ the tank and the tank and hatch still look good 4 a 1988 model i will try to post pics went i get down to the boat again thanks 4 reading jeff
I'm in the middle of a tank replacement and went through the fun of removing all the hoses. The vent hose has a spring/cage (for lack of a better term) around the last foot tie-wrapped in a loop that goes above the vent. Snip the tie-wrap and the hose clamps can be turned using the proper sized small wrench. The real fun came with removing the fuel fill. The only way to remove that line was to cut the hose and remove the fill out the top and that only happened after drilling out the rear screw head as its nut was impossible to get to from underneath.
Scratched my arms up in the process too.
Oh and not to wish any bad juju on you but my '87's tank looked great too until I moved the 3 2x4 supports aside. Underneath were a total of 40 small holes. :sorry
Good luck with it.
Mike.

sfc2113

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Cut a round hole for a 5in screw in deck plate in the back of the jump seat so you can access the hose connection real easy. Install the deck plate when done the cushion will cover the deck plate.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Thats the easy way out! :wink:
Actually I almost went that route myself but I was able to contort my hand and arm enough to get a small wrench up to where the hose connects.
IMO Cutting holes in your boat is a bad habit to get into and is to be avoided when an alternative is available.