vent whistle -- no more fuel spills!

bc282

Reaction score
hi guys,
my local chandler showed me this sweet little item that will save you from spilling fuel, damaging our beautiful environment, keeping fuel in the tank and not spilling on the gunnel or down the side of the boat.

http://www.greenboatstuff.com/grmafuwh.html

i wish i could install one (actually 2; main and aux tanks) for my boat, but i just can't reach the fuel fill line unless i remove both the AC and the autopilot pump :x

perhaps in this off season those tinkering and working on their boats can add this cool item while you're down there tinkering.

bayrat

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
FWIW, I had a device like this about 12 years ago. The problem was that you actually had to overfill and get fuel into the vent line (not really a good idea) for it to work. The fuel then remained in the device and after the first fillup there was no whistle at all because of the fuel in the line/device. As I said that was 12 years ago, so maybe they've improved it or maybe I just installed it wrong at the time. I remember I did have the required loop in the vent line but maybe placed the device at the wrong spot. Agree that it would be terrific if it really works as they say.

ElyseM

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
yeah, they have been around "forever" in one shape or another. i just figure if they really worked, they would be standard on all boats. ron