Vent windows

GW Jonathan

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hello People. My 88 Sailfish has lever locking system for side helm vent windows. Replacement parts? Up grades?

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
Your grady dealer should stock them. They can also be found on ebay quite frequently.

ddog

Reaction score
The SeaDog part linked above looks nearly identical to what my SeaFarer uses. I have modified Hardware store push nuts to repair mine in the past since the push nut retainer rusts away eventually. My other parts are actually in good shape for being nearly 40 years old.

Reactions: Uncle Joe

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
I ordered my OEM from Marine Glass Specialties (813) 926-3717

20190927_130946.jpg

leeccoll

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
And how much are they from Marine Glass Specialties??
Was a while back so I forget the cost, plus I purchased the glass and gaskets at the same time. Best you give them a call to ask. Good luck!

loubeer

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
I recently bought them on my Amazon Prime account - $11.29 each. Search Sea-Dog Side Vent Adjuster Kit #324380-1. They are a little different than the originals, but you can mix the old parts (mounting bracket) with the new handle and all should install with no modifications needed.

Last edited:

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I just bought the new-to-me Freedom 255 (mid-April), and among the many other problems that came with it, the starboard vent window, hinge and latch were missing. It took months to get a response from MGS, but in all fairness to them, they were bogged down with orders, and one of theirvkey employees was very sick and no longer there.

When I got the hinge and latch, I removed the port side vent, and traced it on a 3/16" piece or acrylic that I bought in Lowes ($35 or something like that). Cut it out, rounded the edges a bit, and dripped the hole for the latch. Installed, it is difficult to tell it is not glass, and it works.

So if you can't buy the whole assembly from MGS, you might try this approach. BTW, an 18"x24" piece of acrylic (one of the pre-cut sizes they sell), is enough to make 2 vent windows.

Here's a pic after I installed the new vent.
img1.jpg

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Anchor Marine GW dealer in Farmingdale has closed its doors and has been selling off its inventory. I was out there today to check out their boat lifts made from telephone poles. They’re taking them down tomorrow and I was offered the poles.
Anyway I’m looking over their table and look what I found ;)
Any interest ?

16A607A1-61FB-49FA-88FD-ECE8BC9A5BAB.jpeg
8304C5E2-9283-4B3A-8DE4-929D3EFF01F0.jpeg

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Thanks for posting. That's a good buy, although their posted regular price is silly. They are on Amazon and ebay for $11 and change.

Reactions: Lt.Mike

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Thanks for posting. That's a good buy, although their posted regular price is silly. They are on Amazon and ebay for $11 and change.
That’s why I put the regular Taylor made ones on my Overnighter.
The regular price is as provided by Grady White with their part number. Anything with a Grady name on it with have a huge mark up. There is one difference though, the holes on these will line up with what came from the factory. The aftermarket ones I put on required new holes to be drilled.

Lt.Mike

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Capt Bill, I saw a large cloth advertising piece with a zipper, not sure what I was looking at but it was on the Freedom model Grady. I think that was on the “free” table.
I snapped up a bunch of the free stuff and paid a buck apiece for these rubber rod holders that go
with my boat...
69483783-1891-427D-8BA2-B0A094B8A8A5.jpeg

And though I already have this model bait pump, exactly the same I couldn’t pass up a new replacement for $15. If mine ever dies it’s a plug and play replacement...4E9EC764-505A-42D8-AC70-7F04A4157697.jpeg
And got this for free, might go on the front below the windshield...
622ABA00-373E-4477-AF5F-5DF1346785CF.jpegI was hoping to find Grady advertising banners and the like but they went early on.
Too bad I would have liked to have that kinda thing for my boat shed.
Edit: Interesting Just found this on eBay, same emblem...
BCF5FAE8-9359-4EFC-B3A1-17924269F765.png

Last edited:

GW Jonathan

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Anchor Marine GW dealer in Farmingdale has closed its doors and has been selling off its inventory. I was out there today to check out their boat lifts made from telephone poles. They’re taking them down tomorrow and I was offered the poles.
Anyway I’m looking over their table and look what I found ;)
Any interest ?

View attachment 22854
View attachment 22855
Capt Bill, I saw a large cloth advertising piece with a zipper, not sure what I was looking at but it was on the Freedom model Grady. I think that was on the “free” table.
I snapped up a bunch of the free stuff and paid a buck apiece for these rubber rod holders that go
with my boat...
View attachment 22856

And though I already have this model bait pump, exactly the same I couldn’t pass up a new replacement for $15. If mine ever dies it’s a plug and play replacement...View attachment 22857
And got this for free, might go on the front below the windshield...
View attachment 22858I was hoping to find Grady advertising banners and the like but they went early on.
Too bad I would have liked to have that kinda thing for my boat shed.
Edit: Interesting Just found this on eBay, same emblem...
View attachment 22859

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
"Capt Bill, I saw a large cloth advertising piece with a zipper, not sure what I was looking at but it was on the Freedom model Grady. I think that was on the “free” table...."
Lt. Mike,
I don't know what you are referring to here, and I didn't see any photos that matched the description of "large advertising piece with a zipper". Do you have a photo of that item?
Thanks