Very happy with my seafarer

mmiela

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Well over the winter I had quite a bit of work done on my Yamaha 225. I replaced the dry exhaust, oil pump, timing belt and throttle cables amoung other things. Prior to this work I was thinking I was under proped due to the fact I could get no more than 5200 rpm at wot. Took it out yesterday and was at 5800 wot cruising at 35 and found that 4800 was a nice ride at 25 mph my wife like that speed as well.

Can't wait to be in the water as much as possible this year.

Spawn Bag

Reaction score
I have a 2007 226 with the same 225 and I'm at 5600 wide open. 4500 to 4800 is a very nice crusing at 25 to 28 mph. The trim tabs seem to help a lot with the ride quality. I couldn't imagine the boat without the tabs.

I love my boat and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Jim

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
The Seafarer is a nice boat. Awesome. I think of my boat everyday floating in the slip thinking about how I can skip my responsibilities and take her out. :lol:

I am often dreaming of owning an Islander or Marlin and I admit sometimes I don't appreciate my boat for how nice she is. Folks routinely tell me in these parts how nice the Seafarer is, then I realize it is a sweet boat.