Videos

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I thought I would link the videos of the boat that were sent to me, in case anyone cares to check them out... heh

The boat gets loaded onto the shipper's trailer in the morning. Should be here Friday or Saturday.

The following Saturday, it goes down south to have the new top put on!

Russ

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3

Fishtales

Reaction score
She looks to be running well. Hope you have better luck fishing.....

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
It should be here Thu-Sat and I take it next Sat to Seabrook to have the hard top installed.

R

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Loaded up.. I suspect Friday or Saturday delivery...

Attachments

• 2019-04-09.jpg
    2019-04-09.jpg
    231.9 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Heyspike

Mr.crab

Reaction score
Wow that’s really clean, l like no bottom paint boat should be real dry.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
The fenders sit pretty low on the tires. I will have to look at those to make sure it is raised a bit. It has almost 180 gallons of gas in it atm.. so a lot of extra weight.

Asked the shippers if they would be here Fri or Sat... cannot make heads or tails of their answer so we will see them when we see them.. heh

Either way, hope to take it down to the coast the following Saturday...BUT.. I will be ALL over that thing doing measurements and such and cleaning it up once it arrives ;)

Looks like the side stripes may be missing a bit. If so, I may just remove them all together... looks clean that way imo.

R

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Okay, am I wrong to worry? I just looked closer at the trailer the shipper is using...

The freaking boat is resting on the FENDERS of the trailer, not the actual dang trailer.

Would this bother you?

Russ

Attachments

• Boat on Trailer2.jpg
    Boat on Trailer2.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 38

dbiscayne

Reaction score
Okay, am I wrong to worry? I just looked closer at the trailer the shipper is using...

The freaking boat is resting on the FENDERS of the trailer, not the actual dang trailer.

Would this bother you?

Russ
wow - I thought you meant your boat was on the boat trailer fenders, gotta zoom in on the pic to see what you meant - that looks sketchy, I'd be worried. How'd they even get it up there? At the very least they could put something between the boat trlr axles or boat trlr frame & the transport ramps. Is the shipping company licensed & insured.

CJ7Rob

Reaction score
wow - I thought you meant your boat was on the boat trailer fenders, gotta zoom in on the pic to see what you meant - that looks sketchy, I'd be worried. How'd they even get it up there? At the very least they could put something between the boat trlr axles or boat trlr frame & the transport ramps. Is the shipping company licensed & insured.

Def looks like it'd be a hairy ride. That's a 27'?

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
They used a forklift, and yes, 1mil insurance and 150k cargo coverage.

It is a 270 Islander.

They have hauled heavier ones, but yea....makes me worry.

Guess too late now. Cross your fingers it is fine.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
I'm jealous. I looked hard at that boat. It was almost exactly what I was looking for. Timing and the almost kept me away. Congrats and good luck.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Gives you a reason to come to Texas and fish on it;(

Thanks bud!

R

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265

Would this bother you?

Russ
I'm terrified. They aren't rolling like that? They have to be doing something to get your trailer weight loaded onto the frame of their trailer.
It just can't be.

Mr.crab

Reaction score

Would this bother you?

Russ
Have them send another picture, with support under your trailer is the only way it would work.
Get the weight off your trailer tires.

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I agree guys. At this point, it is a total mess. IF I say something... the answer will be they have it now in Jacksonville, FL and they do this all the time, they are professionals......etc. Then it turns into "take my boat off there....and I will find someone else." with "We will remove it, you must pay for that and you will be responsible for finding a place to keep it as we are busy.. blah blah blah"...while I will win that battle... it will be a battle, nonetheless.

So, my only real recourse is to cross my fingers and hope it shows up unbroken on Monday morning.

Worst case, they have insurance, and I have insurance.... and if they break it, at least I have a photo showing they loaded it wrong from them... and I will sue the begeezus out of them and get another one.

Sucks.. but, the alternative is... don't see it for another few weeks and it could still get jacked by the next person.

I agree with all of you, just not sure the recourse is much better.

I will update you all on Monday.... cross your fingers... and NEXT time, if I ever try this again... I guarantee I will tell them, "pull it.. or piss off" (even though I clearly stated no forklift in the ad....at this point, I just want the freakin boat... heh)

R

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Just dawned on me.. the wall to my barn is wide open in one last spot. Was going to close it up after I added the A/C electrical lines. I can hold off on that a few days... see what the shore power line looks like.. and add an outside plug to the wall right there for the boat, since she will be parked right next to that area.. heh.... should also add a standard 120 plug for charging batteries etc.

Fortuitous! :p

scott1949

Reaction score
Your adventure brings back memories of the time I got my GW. Live close to East Bay (Galveston Bay) in Texas, found the Grady that I wanted in Connecticut, one boat owner. Had boat surveyed, made arrangement for local trailer company to go over the entire trailer, purchased extra wheel/hubs, bearings to be packed on boat, made arrangements with car rental company for one way trip back to Houston, flew to Hartford, CT, drove rental car to pick up boat, Son in Law and I drove non stop back to Texas (approx. 32hrs), made it without any issues. So excited about fishing, rested couple of hours after we got back, went fishing the next morning. Great memories. I called a lot of places about getting the boat down to Texas but everyone seemed sketchy to me and their time line was all over the place so I just decided to do it myself. I made sure my boat was covered by my insurance company, made all my contact via cell phones or computer and everything worked out. You will really enjoy your Grady.

Reactions: RussGW270

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Would have gone to get it, but I had training this week and was sick the week before so.. eh.. hope for the best... insured for the rest ;)

R

Halfhitch

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
It looks to me like it is resting on the trailer bunks OK and there is some clearance between the hull and the fenders. Like you, I would hope that they blocked under the boat trailer frame and used nylon straps over your aluminum frame rails. I couldn't tell if they used blocking or something like "My Wedge" transom savers on the tilt cylinders because heavy duty trailers ride a lot rougher than a boat trailer suspension . I would guess that they snapped that picture before they were done with all the preparations. Those guys will probably do fine and deliver that beauty in fine shape.

Reactions: RussGW270