Voyager 258 Fuel Burn

berknuts

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm in a new to me 2003 Voyager 258 with an f225 on the back. I'm planning to do my own math, but without fuel consumption on my gauges it'll be imperfect and a slow process. Anyone have numbers they're willing to share regarding cruising speed/rpm/consumption on the same rig to get me started?

Any info or strategies to help me along would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Call or email GW customer service. They will send you performance info if they tested that hull with that engine.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
If GW doesn't have your exact configuration, they will have something close.
Btw, was the 258 called the Voyager in 2003? Does the hull go all the way to the transom? GW did some weird things with the names and numbers when the running surfaces were extended and top sides were updated. Just curious.

berknuts

Reaction score
Here's what they gave me within 8 hours of emailing the request. It is exactly what I was hoping for!

The 258 is "Voyager" until 2003, then becomes "Journey" in 2004. Screenshot_20200623-080011_Gmail.jpg

I'm not sure what you mean by the hull going all the way to transom?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
GW got rid of the recessed pockets for the tabs. Same thing happened with the CC which is now the 257.

They also had to change the "Voyager" name because someone thought that a Voyager mini-van from Chrysler and a Voyager boat from GW could be confused.....

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
They also had to change the "Voyager" name because someone thought that a Voyager mini-van from Chrysler and a Voyager boat from GW could be confused.....
That must be why women stop talking to me when I tell them I have a Voyager... right?