Voyager vs Islander hatch and door sizes

haywire farm

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
Please forgive me if this has been asked or answered in the past, but a few of my hatches and the transom tuna/dive door on my 1996 Voyager are beat up and cracking and chipped pretty bad. I found someone parting out an Islander and I wanted to make sure that the door and the transom hatch lid would be a direct fit before I drove there to buy them. I would ask the guy to measure them, but he doesn't seem willing.

Thanks in advance!

Bilpep

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Please forgive me if this has been asked or answered in the past, but a few of my hatches and the transom tuna/dive door on my 1996 Voyager are beat up and cracking and chipped pretty bad. I found someone parting out an Islander and I wanted to make sure that the door and the transom hatch lid would be a direct fit before I drove there to buy them. I would ask the guy to measure them, but he doesn't seem willing.

Thanks in advance!
Not sure if the are the same. If it doesn't work out let me know. I have an 1998 islander and can measure for you. I repaired mine with marine tex and tinted to match

TeK

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
If your handy you can get “starboard” in anti skid or smooth and make some yourself. That’s what I did for the baitwell and fishbox on my adventure. Color is close too.

Reactions: haywire farm

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
All the hatches and doors fail the same way. It's unlikely his are in better shape than yours. Mine are all crapped up.

Same with hardtop. I just refinished mine this year.

Gel Chips.jpeg Gel fail.jpeg Hardtop top 1.jpeg Hardtop top 2.jpeg Base Port.jpeg

It's expensive to send them out and not easy to find anyone who wants the work. I did the hardtop myself and painted it vs gelcoat. I'm repairing and painting the topside and the transom door next year. For now I'm painting around the diamond non-skid.

I plan to do my hatches next year. Not sure how I'll handle the diamond non-skid.

You could send them out and have someone replace the diamond non-skid with gelcoat and color match as best possible.

Reactions: mjm1957

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
How soon do you need measurements?
I know I can get you something by Friday. Mine is a 2005, but I don't think the doors changed.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander

Thanks in advance!
I can measure my 1997 268 Islander later today. Exactly which hatches do you need measured? And the transom door.

Where is this 268 Islander located? I busted up my anchor locker hatch and would be interested in that part.

haywire farm

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
All the hatches and doors fail the same way. It's unlikely his are in better shape than yours. Mine are all crapped up.

Same with hardtop. I just refinished mine this year.

View attachment 27688 View attachment 27689 View attachment 27685 View attachment 27687 View attachment 27686

It's expensive to send them out and not easy to find anyone who wants the work. I did the hardtop myself and painted it vs gelcoat. I'm repairing and painting the topside and the transom door next year. For now I'm painting around the diamond non-skid.

I plan to do my hatches next year. Not sure how I'll handle the diamond non-skid.

You could send them out and have someone replace the diamond non-skid with gelcoat and color match as best possible.
Wow! Great job on that! It looks like new. I appreciate the insight.

haywire farm

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
How soon do you need measurements?
I know I can get you something by Friday. Mine is a 2005, but I don't think the doors changed.
I was going to try and head there this weekend, so Friday would work just fine. Thank you so much.

haywire farm

Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I can measure my 1997 268 Islander later today. Exactly which hatches do you need measured? And the transom door.

Where is this 268 Islander located? I busted up my anchor locker hatch and would be interested in that part.
I was looking to replace the transom door and the hatch on the top side of the transom that has the removable insert, that one is chipped up pretty bad on mine.
The Islander is located in Edenton, NC. I'll see if he can get some pictures of the anchor hatch for you.

ckolloff

Reaction score
Would you mind sending me his contact info? I’d like to see if he has the table, and the convertible bench seat.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Try these on for size... 1997 268 Islander

Port hatch.jpegTransom Door.jpeg