Waiting for decals

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Okay, maybe it is a little about looking “perfect”, but no way am I wasting over 200 bucks worth of decals to make it look “nicer” when the hell still looks like this. (See below)

I have decided to hold off on adding the decals till I pay down some of what I have spent on the boat and can afford to get the hell done right and looking nice...THEN, I will add the stripes and name etc, but the more I clean, the more I hate the idea of wasting the decals knowing I am going to be forced to rip them off next year to do it right.

So, the hull will be redone later, right now, going to focus on how she runs vs looks.

Russ
B9018255-1369-41C0-9BCC-C263E6E8BD87.jpeg

RussGW270

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Sorry, my update was a bit 'terse'...heh... I hate not being able to finish something or do it myself, and the hull just looks horrible.. well, at an angle.. :p To get this girl lasting another 15 years, I want things to be done right, and well. So, going to set aside the funds to get the hull sanded and cleaned and back to looking like she deserves. Probably will not have decals till winter, when the fiberglass place is less busy, but imo.. the right move.

Just so many things to do.. lol.. not enough time or money.. heh.. but, that is normal and none of them are major, just wish lists. I do, however, think I will bump having a professional look at the trailer and see if I need any upgrades to it to be safe.

This weekend, she gets water put through all the pumps and motors ;)

R

Ky Grady

GreatGrady Captain
Staff member
Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
Take a breath and step away from the boat!!!

It just takes time. Don't rush it. Mines not perfect, its a 15 year old boat that has lived outdoors and in Florida most of it's life, but I did get some shine back on the sides before I did my new stripes.

20170806_095934.jpg

Angler Management

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Marlin
I have the decals in my garage. Bought them 4 years ago when I redid the decals on my Yamahas. I’m with you, it’s so much cleaner looking and easier to clean without the stickers!

Everyone knows it’s a 30 GW...!

I figure I’ll stick them on just before I take the pictures for BoatTrader.com