Wanted: Reasonably Clean Grady White Spirit 175

Tatrd

Reaction score
Model
Spirit
Hi All,

In general I am looking for a fairly clean Grady White Spirit 175.

More specifically, there was a 1992 Grady White Spirit 175 sold in Maryland at M&M Sales and Service in June of 2021. See below link:

That specific boat has a 30 year old gas tank and a 23 year old motor so I am hoping to track down the owner to let them know that I would be willing to purchase this boat for more than its market value either now or after they have one of those things fail.

I love these hulls and would really like to restore one into a semi original but "new" boat (more details below). I know this may seem like a waste of time and money but they hold a relatively high sentimental value to me and they are the perfect size and weight for my application. Not to mention I would love the project.

Ultimately, I am looking for a clean Spirit 175 like the one in the above video link. One with minimal after market modifications (holes cut in the hull) and the original leaning post (not the captains chairs) so that I can complete a "cap-off" restoration. I am hoping to find a hull that I can use until a major repair is required and then replace the wooden stringers, bulkheads, maybe deck (depending on moisture content), and transom with a composite much like the 2015+ Grady models. I would obviously replace the gas tank, fuel lines, electrical system, and motor at the same time. If anyone has a lead on the above boat or one like it please reach out or reply to this post.

Any information would be much appreciated. I know this is a long shot but I am really just hoping that the current owner is either a member or will stumble across this post.

Best Regards

highnoon

Reaction score
Model
Spirit
Hi All,

More specifically, there was a 1992 Grady White Spirit 175 sold in Maryland at M&M Sales and Service in June of 2021. See below link:

That specific boat has a 30 year old gas tank and a 23 year old motor so I am hoping to track down the owner to let them know that I would be willing to purchase this boat for more than its market value either now or after they have one of those things fail.

I love these hulls and would really like to restore one into a semi original but "new" boat (more details below). I know this may seem like a waste of time and money but they hold a relatively high sentimental value to me and they are the perfect size and weight for my application. Not to mention I would love the project.

Ultimately, I am looking for a clean Spirit 175 like the one in the above video link. One with minimal after market modifications (holes cut in the hull) and the original leaning post (not the captains chairs) so that I can complete a "cap-off" restoration. I am hoping to find a hull that I can use until a major repair is required and then replace the wooden stringers, bulkheads, maybe deck (depending on moisture content), and transom with a composite much like the 2015+ Grady models. I would obviously replace the gas tank, fuel lines, electrical system, and motor at the same time. If anyone has a lead on the above boat or one like it please reach out or reply to this post.

Any information would be much appreciated. I know this is a long shot but I am really just hoping that the current owner is either a member or will stumble across this post.

Best Regards

Are you still looking for a spirit?

TKjackpot68

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I have a ‘this 93 Grady Spirit with a 2001 Yamaha 115 2 stroke. I am located in Boston, MA. Hull and motor are in good condition.

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hi All,

Best Regards
I'm looking at a 91 175. How much does it cost to replace the fuel tank? Any thoughts?