wanting to paint front deck

freddy063

Reaction score
I seem to be having a lot of trouble with refection from the top deck just under the windshield. I'm thinking it caused be the white color. Have anyone else notices this? Am I thinking a flat gray color might not reflect as bad, what are your thoughts?

Fishtales

Reaction score
I don't but wondering if color will do anything - could it be the gelcoat. Before doing anything radical maybe get some dark paper and tape it in several areas to see if you can identify the area that is causing your issue. You may find you can do a point solution and eliminate the problem versus a large scale fix.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
I like the paper idea. Construction paper (which is a matte finish) would work well. However, I had always thought that the lighter the color was, the LESS reflection it caused? Can't tell from your signature, but it looks like you might have a similar boat to me... It must be the angle you are looking through the windshield because I have not noticed any reflection issues with mine?

freddy063

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideals, the paper might work but that made me think, I'll try some cloth, different colors easy to cut in fit in place.

DennisG01

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Offshore
The towel probably won't give you a good representation of what would happen if the dash was painted. Because the towel isn't "flat", it may reflect light in a different way... which could be a good or bad thing - but in either case won't be a good representation.

Construction paper is pretty "easy" to cut :)