wash down pump tournament 225

jail

Reaction score
My tournament 225 has a live well pump but no raw water wash down pump. I would like to add a wash down pump. My live well pump has an extra port so I won't have to add a seacock. Where is the wash down pump located on the factory installed ones? what pump did Grady use? Anyone have a pic of one installed?

glacierbaze

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
What year? My '93 came to me with pump mounted to the transom, inside the port jumpseat, with a Y valve right next to it to split the livewell from the washdown. When the pump failed, I replaced it with a pump screwed into the top of the thru hull seacock, feeding the same Y valve. The washdown outlet is on the outside of the port jumpseat, right above the scupper. Looks like this Sea Hunt, with just the cap in the second picture. Scroll down to post #9 in that link, and you will see what you should end up with, but with a proper thru hull and seacock.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-fo ... -work.html

jail

Reaction score
Thanks Glacierblaze
My 225 is a 2006. I was thinking of mounting the wash down pump in the transom area to the right of the batteries.
Just wondering where Grady put them.

jail

Reaction score
I would love to see a pic of one installed in a 2003 or newer Tournament or Freedom 225 before I wing it. Anyone?

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
On the 228 the pump is located in the same compartment as the batteries on the port side of the vessle. The fitting with hose bib is above the scupper about 6 inches up. If you have a cockpit shower and water tank and if it is the same as mine where the fresh water fill is located on the starboard side to the left of the scupper, then you may want to put the deck side wash down connection on the port side as the factory does. I think they do this for aesthetics but maybe also to reduce the possibility of accidentally getting raw water into the treated water tank?