Wash Interior 204C

Mr Mac

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
What's the best way to clean the carpeted interior of the cabin? I've considered the pressure washer, but don't want to damage or loosen it.

I suppose I could use Marine 31 or a bleach solution.

oldrusty

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
Hi, mr mac
I used a 50/50 mix of Clorox on a lot of rusty looking stains on lighter grey carpet in my 204c cabin. It took out all the stains and looks grt now. I used a small spray bottle and a plastic scrub brush. Do it a couple of times. Open windows on warm day and let it air out .

Fishtales

Reaction score
I'd go see a carpet guy if they are removable. They may be able to offer advice on how to protect as well. I hate carpets in boats....

seasick

Reaction score
Like they say, test a small inconspicuous spot first:)

Byram

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sportsman
Bissell little green machine. Great for the carpet in the car and spot cleaning in the house. Used it in my old Tiara interior and worked great.

Reactions: Don Davis

Mr Mac

Reaction score
Model
Overnighter
After many months of my "new" boat in the shop (new trailer and engine work), I opened the companion way door and was pleased at the overall condition of the interior and the carpeted walls! No odors and no distracting stains! I'm a happy man. Pics later.

nuclear

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
When my boat was detailed this spring I ask the detailer about that since I was getting some mold growth inside the cabin despite using desiccant pails (damprid) when in storage. He said he would spray it with a 10% bleach solution; took a couple days to air out but it worked perfectly and looks like new. He said he does the same on his boat (he has a Parker) and wouldn't do anything on mine that doesn't already work for his.

Reactions: Mr Mac

Fishtales

Reaction score
That Bissel little green machine has some solid reviews on cleaning. Not so on the tank reliability. Some say it leaks after a few years.