Wash pump installation for GW273

Wasabi2002

Reaction score
Anyone replaced/installed a Shurflo Pro Baitmaster WD pump in a 02 GW Chase 273? I am not able to access the pump via the pie plate and wanted to know what's involved with ripping up the deck. Also the pump is close to the gas tank and was wondering if heat shrink connectors are required or if "liquid electrical tape" will work ok? Any advise is greatly appreciated!

GulfGrady

Reaction score
Is it the washdown pump or the baitwell pump? Mine has the shurflo bait sentry 1100 on the bait tank.

Wasabi2002

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply...
I installed a Shurflo Pro Baitmaster last weekend. It was a replacement of the original. I had to remove the back 2x4 deck panel which provided easy access to the pump (was unable to get at it via the pie plate). All in all the install was pretty straight forward, 2 wires, connecting the input/output hoses and cleaning the bilge, which was pretty dirty after 6 years of limited access. The real labor was removing the deck and cleaning off the silicone. I hope this pump last longer than the first one (3 years)

GulfGrady

Reaction score
My pump for the livewell failed this last weekend. Had to remove the deck to get to the pump. You could hear the motor running but no water to the baitwell. Took it apart and found that the impeller had some corrosion on it and wasn't spinning. Cleaned it up and had it working like new. I do agree that messing with the rear deck section is the worst part.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
Has anyone located a chart of hose sizes to gph capacities.

I want to increase my bait pump size as much as possible without overstressing a pump, or changing my plumbing.

Wasabi2002

Reaction score
I did read on this forum, that adding a separate pump and connecting it via a Y valve may improve the performance??

Not sure if changing the diameter of the hose will make that much of a difference...common sense tells me that the mitigating factor would be the pumps' output...but then again I do not claim to be a hydrodynamic engineer.

I am curious to see what other folks recommend.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
I agree, I would just like to bump my bait pump up to something in the 1100+gph range.

Its no fun watching $100/doz gogs die due to poor circulation.