Washdown pump

southernstyle995

Reaction score
I think my washdown pump has shit the bed. I was having problems with the wire coming loose off the push button fuse thing but now everything is connected and pump does not come on. Are there any other fuses in between pump and switch?

seasick

Reaction score
Probably not except for the main accessory breaker near the batteries. It should be easy to see if voltage is present at the switch (not the push in breaker) as long as you can get to the back of the panel. Check voltage there first

wrxhoon

Reaction score
Power the pump direct, if it doesn't work you need a new pump, if it works you can trace it back.

seasick

Reaction score
Power the pump direct, if it doesn't work you need a new pump, if it works you can trace it back.
This is logical and makes sense but often the connections are heatshrunk and you have to cut them to test. If the problem is somewhere else you will have to reconnect them and reshrink. So for me, I usually verify that I have juice leaving the panel switch and that the circuit of of the battery for auto is also live.. If both auto and manual modes don't work, check the ground splices first. Yes, 90% of the time it is a bad connection and the other a bad pump but my experience is that the pumps often start to act up and not just instantly die

wrxhoon

Reaction score
I agree Seasick if it is like that. In my old boat it was just plugged in with connectors, I replaced it with a bigger pump for more volume and pressure . I don't know how it is on my newer boat , I sill have the same pump.