Washdown

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
So when I had the boat out doing the break-in, was getting familiar with stuff on the boat, since this was one of the first real runs I've had in it. When operating the washdown, it would come on and spray water for 30 sec to 1 min, then stop working. Turned off the switch, came back to it a little later, and the same thing would happen. I've done a little research, and possibly sounds like the pressure switch could be the culprit? Any other things I should look into?

Thanks

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
have you had the hatch up yet? It could be a corroded mess. I replaced mine.

I recommend adding a Tempress hatch in the deck hatch. Ditch the ridiculous 6" pie hole.

Saltyone

Reaction score
Model
Express 265
I did have it up, didn't notice any wiring corrosion. But the pump looked like it was probably the original or close to it.

What pump did you replace it with?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I try to replace pumps with the same one. Holes and hoses lineup. No need to make a bigger project out of a pump swap.

It’s probably the micro switch. Available on Amazon. If the pump is easy to take out and reinstall it’s worth a try. But usually they are in a bad location in which case just put a new one in.

LONYE V-15-2C26-K Switch Snap Action Micro Switch Replacement for OMRON Switch Shurflo 2088 Series Pump 15A 125/250VAC (Normally Clos... https://a.co/d/4ytxZzn

Reactions: Saltyone

drbatts

Reaction score
Model
Express 305
I try to replace pumps with the same one. Holes and hoses lineup. No need to make a bigger project out of a pump swap.

If its the original its time. Start fresh with a new one. simple swap. that being said check the hoses too as it might be time for them as well.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Could be as simple as having a lot of air in your system. Mine does that when it hasn’t been used for a while and if you let it continue to pump air it will eventually start running water again. Give it at least a minute of no water coming out before you do anything. Also listen to the pump if the switch is on and the pump is running it is not the pressure switch.

seasick

Reaction score
May be a clogged screen/filter/scoop .

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I had a hose wall ply separate. Would work for a while until wall collapsed and closed the water off.

seasick

Reaction score
Our point is not to assume it is a bad pump without further testing