WASTE TANK INDICATOR

TIERNEY ROSE

Reaction score
ON MY 290 CHESAPEAKE MY WASTE TANK GAUGE IN BATHROOM CONSTANTLY FLASHES "FULL" EVEN AFTER PUMP OUT!! ANY IDEAS??? THANX

RUNAMUK

Reaction score
pull the fuse! mine never worked and GW could never get it fixed! even replaced the tank I gave up!

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
TIERNEY ROSE said:
ON MY 290 CHESAPEAKE MY WASTE TANK GAUGE IN BATHROOM CONSTANTLY FLASHES "FULL" EVEN AFTER PUMP OUT!! ANY IDEAS??? THANX

On the pump out do you actually check if anything pumped out? If your vent is clogged you will no be able to empty the tank.

TIERNEY ROSE

Reaction score
THANK GUYS!!! WILL TRY THE FUSE, JUST BLEW OUT MY VENT-- WILL MAKE SURE TANK EMPTIES COMPLETELY ON NEXT PUMP OUT, WILL ADVISE

Tashmoo

Reaction score
Same experience, mine has never worked properly and after three service visits by the dealer I gave up as well.

NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
wdlfbio said:
On a 282 sailfish, where is the vent? I should check mine.

Find your tank first then follow a line which is 5/8 I.D (aprox. 1"diameter O.D) to the fitting on the side of the boat. Make sure there is no kinks or a loop on that vent line and it should not be lower than the top of the tank anywhere.

capeguy

Reaction score
Tierney,
Did you ever solve this? How did you blow out the vent? I need to try this too, as I have the same problem on my 282.

Cocoliso VI

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
The holding tank vent on the 282 is on the starboard side. It looks like it's the vent for the fuel tanks but it's not, the fuel tanks vent through the fule fill caps. I periodically use a water hose and blow it in to the vent just to be sureit's clear. The holding tank sits below the helm seat, it can be reached by removing the cover plate on the starboard side of the aft berth. Servicing it is an ugly job!!! Good luck with this I don't envy you guys.

ATBolton

Reaction score
Website
www.lonestargwc.com
Don't know if this will work in a boat, but it works in an RV's holding tank. Try using a product made by Thetford called "Level Gauge Cleaner".

LUNDINROOF

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I had the same problem and could not get it to clear. I contacted the manufacturer of the tank and pump and they emailed me the steps to take to calibrate the system. It took two tries, but on the second try I got the high lever calibrated and have not had the problem return in the past year. I also found the same instructions in the owners manual I got when I bought the boat.

It might be worth your while to contact the manufacturer.

LeapFrog

Reaction score
I took several parts of my holding tank apart over the winter... Important!!! Go to the pump out station, pump and flush it several times first!!! On top of the holding tank is the level sender... it removes fairly easily with a few bolts... it will have two floats dangling from it... they each send a signal when tripped for half and full... my first problem was the very small sender wires on top were corroded... I felt the cost to replace the wire from the manufacturer was ridiculous... Also my float sensors appeared to be bad as well and it's cost was obscene!!! I put it back together for the time being and just empty the holding tank whenever I fill the gas tanks... This winter's project will be to get the new sender and gauge setup and install that... the cost is just a couple dollars more then the wire for the OEM! These were recommended by several members here from WEMA USA... http://www.wemausa.com/tank-sensors/index.html#Holding_Tank_Level_Sensors and http://www.smartcart.com/WemaUSA/cgi/display.cgi total cost about $100...