Water in aft bunk on 2003 330 Express

stripedo

Reaction score
I have been getting water in the forward starboard side of my aft bunk. It runs down the wall and soaks the cushions. It is not the vent window. It is on the other side of the bunk. Seems to either be coming from when I wash down helm station floor or run the live well. Any ideas?

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Had the exact same thing happening in my 2006. I took off the cover on the outside and recaulked it and then I tightened the window from the inside really tight. Seemed to do the job. No more water is coming in. Not sure what did the job - tightening the window or caulking or both.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Could be a number of things. I had a leaking fresh water hose at the bait station that drained into the aft cabin, but you said it's forward. The bait well hose is routed thru the starboard side. The windshield washer hose was leaking on mine also and that could drip down. That is the only hose I can think of that would leak into the forward part of the aft cabin. You can see it by taking up the helm switch panel. You'll also be able to see the other drain hoses from there. good luck!

stripedo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I bet it is the bait well hose. I was running that for a while that same day. I am going to remove cushions and run live well and do a test. Thanks again.

Jfoster921

Reaction score
Hi! I have a 33 2004 and am having the exact same problem. The water pools on the starboard side under the cushions. I cannot locate the leak, but don't believe its the window. Also, my freshwater pump will kick on periodically, leading me to believe I have a slow leak. I would love to hear the resolution.

Thanks,
Josh

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
If leak is aft, look at the water line leading to the sink on the port side of the cockpit. If forward, look at the water lines leading to and from the windshield washer valve under the helm switch panel. Those are the most likely culprits and both leaked on my boat. Easy fixes. I had to replace the entire line on my cockpit sink. The old chrome covered line was not very rugged. If your fresh water pump cycles, you either have a leak or a bad accumulator. The pump and accumulator is port side behind removable panel in aft cabin, aft sink hose connection is accessed thru aft removable panel. Windshield washer connections are accessed by removing helm switch panel.

Jfoster921

Reaction score
Thanks. Ill investigate. What did you replace the sink line with and was it leaking directly in the line or from a fitting?

Stonewall

Reaction score
I had the exact same issue on my 2006 330. I did find the culprit. If you lay down on your back in the aft cabin with your head to the port side. Directly above your head you will see an access plate with 4-6 screws. Remove the plate and tighten the connection to the fresh water hose under the sink. It was just that easy but took a while to figure out. Hopefuly yours is that easy too

Jfoster921

Reaction score
I pulled the access panel and its dry. I ran wiper and sink. Sprayed boat all over. Nadda. It's port side under cushions. But that middle Storage compartment had 3 inches of water. So weird.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Look behind the panel on the port side. The fresh and wash down pumps are both in there with various connections. I replaced my entire sink hose with a longer new rubber coated one. The chrome spiral covered one had a very thin rubber inside on the original and it had split. Good luck. Your freshwater pump shouldn't cycle. I can leave mine off for several days and come back, turn on the switch and it is still pressurized and doesn't come on.

grady33

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
My storage compartment was filling up due to the window. Once I caulked it and tightened it up, no more water and it remains dry. Could be a number of things I guess.

Randy

Reaction score
look inside the livewell, up at the top, on mine when they routered the receiver for the flip down seat forward they cut thru both walls one the outer edge and the second was the inner wall of the livewell.