Water in Spreader Light

RDCGrady

Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else has had this problem and can help me find a solution. I have a 283 Release with a factory fiberglass T-top. The first year I had the boat all was well. The second year I started to get water in the starboard spreader light that is molded into the rear portion of the top. After a rain I would notice an inch or more of water inside the glass enclosure that holds the bulb. I brought the boat to the dealer and he attempted to seal a few things but it continues to flood with water. I'm baffled as I have looked everywhere and can't find the source of the water. I know that the water comes down the channel that holds the wiring for the spreader light so it is getting in somewhere between the Overhead radio box and the spreader light. I have not added any electronics or made any additional holes through the top since the day the boat was delivered from the dealer. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

sluggoe

Reaction score
I would take it back to the dealer and have him fix it right!!

Short of that there is prob a void channeling water right into the lite;

maybe a seal prtoblem if u have other items drilled into ur hardtop like radar vhf etc;

But if u have a near brand new boat the dealer should fix it.....and they shoul have done it right the first time