Water ingress in 2007 282 Sailfish

Tinny

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Hello,

I have a new to me 2007 282 Sailfish that keeps getting water in the bilge after a rainstorm. I have routed the rear cup holders to drain onto the deck. This has cut the amount of water approx in half but there is still rain water coming in. It stays fully dry when no rain so definitely not sea water. There are no other obvious rainwater entry points so just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and has figured out where it may be coming from?

The boat will be moored year round and do not want to get a cover for it as I will use year round but we do get freezing temperatures at times so want to keep the bilge as dry as possible.

Thanks.

Lsquared

Reaction score
I get ater in the bilge after washing it even. I aim to change the scuppers and hoses to rule that out. The anchor locker drains into the bilge as well. The thought would be the windows, i just bought some weather stripping for the windows as the wife did confirm water thru the head window

Tinny

Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
On my boat the scupper hoses are new and I do not get water in the boat while washing it - I'm starting to suspect the area around the windlass. Will have to get down there during the next rainstorm and try to figure it out I guess.

Lsquared

Reaction score
On my boat the scupper hoses are new and I do not get water in the boat while washing it - I'm starting to suspect the area around the windlass. Will have to get down there during the next rainstorm and try to figure it out I guess.
yep the anchor locker drains into the bilge forward.

seasick

Reaction score
Usually the mid bilge also drains towards the rear bilge. I am not sure about your model, perhaps others would know. So assuming it should and it does, during winter layup, if the hull is stored at a decent angle, the rain water will run aft and out the garboard drain which has the plug removed. The mid bilge pump probably should be disconnected at the battery if it does collect water since that water will freeze and kill the pump if it tries to drain and the bilge ( and float switch) is iced up. Been there!
Is your problem mid ship bilge water or aft bilge water?
I have a similar issue on one of my boats and am considering making a water proof cover for the pulpit for use when the boat is in its slip. In my case though it may be a clogged drain from the anchor locker. That drains overboard on that hull. So, still working on it. I will let you know if it is a simple as a clogged drain.