Water leaking onto shelf in Sailfish head

Bokat

Reaction score
Anyone have this issue? There is a shelf in the head on my 2006 Sailfish that collects water every time it rains. Anyone know where it is coming from? Window maybe? There may be some water coming in on the other side of the cabin by the microwave also but I can't be sure just yet as I am a fairly new owner of this boat. That area is under a window just like the shelf in the head. Maybe it is time to reseal the windows. Anyone have input on this? Thanks.

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Tighten the window latch that's on the window. It's s amall Phillips head screw. It will suck the window tighter into the window frame

Bokat

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I think I solved the problem. As I said I am a new owner of this boat and mistakenly assumed the windows were sliding windows like my old Gulfstream. If ya'll are familiar with this boat you know that the windows swing inward instead of sliding. I tightened the latches and made sure they were completely closed and no more water. I also tightened the screws on the frame while I was at it. I love simple fixes.

Harpoon

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
How do you like it vs. the Gulfstream ?

gw204

Reaction score
Bokat said:
Thanks guys, I think I solved the problem. As I said I am a new owner of this boat and mistakenly assumed the windows were sliding windows like my old Gulfstream. If ya'll are familiar with this boat you know that the windows swing inward instead of sliding. I tightened the latches and made sure they were completely closed and no more water. I also tightened the screws on the frame while I was at it. I love simple fixes.

If those frame screws are on the outside and you just tightened existing screws you have now compromised the seal on each. I suggest that at minimum you pull them and reinsert with a dab of silicone.

Bokat

Reaction score
Harpoon, I love it so far. My wife and I took a trip to the Abacos last summer with the Gulfstream and it was a little rough in a few spots, not bad just a little uncomfortable. I think that same trip in the Sailfish will be much more enjoyable. I can't wait to do it again, it's awesome over there.

GW204, fortunately the screws I tightened are on the inside and some were a little loose. I didn't over tighten just snugged them back up. I think it was more the window latches weren't completely tight than the frame leaking. If it leaks again with the windows tight then I'll probably look at removing the windows and reinstalling with some silicone like you said. I friend of mine has a 34 Pursuit that is about 10 years old and had to reseal his windows already.

Bokat

Reaction score
By the way, the Gulfstream will be for sale shortly if ya'll know anyone interested. It is a 1993 230 Gulfstream not 232 with twin 2003 175 DFI Evinrudes and sits on a 2009 Loadmaster trailer. I'll post it on the forum when it's ready to go.