Water pump not working on 225 Tournament

Grady White Guy

Reaction score
There was no hum from my water pump when I turned it on. I may have forgot to turn it off last time I used it. My question is, if you leave your fresh water pump on for an hour or two will it burn out? If not, is there a trip switch located somewhere that will turn it back on? Thanks!

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Most fresh water pumps are pressure demand pumps that only energize when the pressure goes down = a demand for flow. If the system holds pressure, the pump will only energize when the pressure drops. I can leave my system shut down for a week and when I turn it on it won't run until I open a faucet. If the system has no pressure and the pump isn't working it could be a clogged line/filter which the pump sees as no demand, the pressure switch is bad, circuit breaker is tripped or some other reason that the pump is not getting power such as a switch, bad ground, etc. I'd check the filter and check for 12V at the pump. Most fresh water systems have a screen type filter that can clog. Check C/B first. If pump overheated, might have tripped the breaker. Good Luck.

Grady White Guy

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I checked the lines and the filter and everything seems OK, no clogs so it has to be either a breaker or some other problem.

seasick

Reaction score
Grady White Guy said:
Thanks for your reply. I checked the lines and the filter and everything seems OK, no clogs so it has to be either a breaker or some other problem.
One other possibilty is that you have a pump that doesn't like to be run dry and your water tank is empty. If that is the case, that the tank is empty, the pump may have runn dry and overheated. To tell for sure, you need to wire the pump leads directly to battery and ground.
Good luck