Water Ski Tow Rope Attachment 208 Adventure

Reaction score
Recently attempted to attach the harness and pully to pull a water skier behing my 208 Adventure and realized that due to the size of outboard f150 4 stroke, width of boat, and swim platform location that it would not fit.

Wondering if anyone has developed a system of installing a harness so that both corners of the boat will pull without tow rope hitting the outboard when skier moves from one side of wake to the other.

Alternativly has anyone attached a ski pylon to this model?

Thanks for the ideas and help

Bread

Reaction score
I have a 204C Overnighter and am assuming the 208 Adventure has a similar beam. When my last harness broke while on vacation the local store by me only had 8 foot or 12 foot harnesses. I found that the 8' was too short and the 12' too long. I bought the 12' Airhead® Tow Demon Ski Tow Harness
and cut it to 10' 6" and re-crimped a loop on one end. Now that I adjusted the length it works, but if I had more options I would have bought a nylon harness that floats better. The Airhead is a plastic coated metal cable with a float and when slack the cable sinks and draws the float back to the motor.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
For wakeboarders I attach the rope to the center of the crossmember supporting the hardtop.

Pay2Play

Reaction score
Walkers Edge said:
For wakeboarders I attach the rope to the center of the crossmember supporting the hardtop.
How does that work for you? Are you able to get more air? Maybe I should try that for skiing.

Walkers Edge

Reaction score
A whole lot more air and softer landings.
I was on my college wakeboard team but i'm still sticking to fishing boats.

jrem

Reaction score
On my Gulfstream i ended up buying "Kwik Tek Airhead Hd Tow Harness" off of Amazon. Couple different lengths I think are offered.

Try that.

Reaction score
Bread said:
I have a 204C Overnighter and am assuming the 208 Adventure has a similar beam. When my last harness broke while on vacation the local store by me only had 8 foot or 12 foot harnesses. I found that the 8' was too short and the 12' too long. I bought the 12' Airhead® Tow Demon Ski Tow Harness
and cut it to 10' 6" and re-crimped a loop on one end. Now that I adjusted the length it works, but if I had more options I would have bought a nylon harness that floats better. The Airhead is a plastic coated metal cable with a float and when slack the cable sinks and draws the float back to the motor.

do you attach to the eyes on transom? do you have the swim platform on one side

Bread

Reaction score
Yes, I attach the tow harness to the eyes on transom. Yes, I have a swim platform on the starboard side. I have not had the tow harness interfere while towing a skier or tuber. When the tow rope is slack the harness will rest across the inside rail of the swim platform but when a skier or tuber takes up the slack and is towed the harness on my boat operates above the rail without any interference. Thinking about it further a skier way outside the wake on the starboard side could possibly interfere with the outside rail swim platform but I have not had it happen.