Water stains on cloth boat cushions:-(

Frank G

Reaction score
While we were away on vacation, heavy rains and soaked soils caused water to seep into one corner of the basement. Unfortunately, this was the corner where I stored the cabins boat cushions this winter. I've dried out the cushions but there still is some stain from the water. Anyone have a secret procedure for getting rid of the stain.
Thanks

mrzeeno98

Reaction score
water stains on cushions

I had a similar problem with one of cushions on my Sailfish. I unzipped the cushion, removed the foam stuffing and treated the stained area with a 50/50 solution of Oxi Clean and water. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and then tossed it into the washer. When the tub was full, I shut off the washer and let it soak for about an hour. Then I spun out the water, refilled the washer tub and let it run through one permanent press cycle. Then I removed the cushion, and put it flat on a towel on the floor, smoothing out as many wrinkles as possible.
When it dried, it looked like new! A lot of work but I was pretty impressed with the results. Of course, your results may vary.