Weather Guard Plastic? Curtains? Where to get em?

typhoon411

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Great news! I got my first Grady! A 1990 Grady White Marlin 280 with a pair of 2002 Yamaha V250 Saltwater Series motors! I plan on posting a post with details on the acquisition, however for now I wanted to ask a quick question.

What do you call the plastic weather guard that goes around the hardtop to protect you from getting wet in the rough seas and/or rain? I notice that my grady has the rails on the hardtop as well as the snaps to support this plastic covering however I did not receive this when I bought the boat and would like to purchase it going into next spring.

Anyone know what this is called? Is there an outfit that I can purchase this from?

Thanks,

Joe

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Congrats on your new Grady. The Mariln is a great choice that should keep you happy for many years.

The "bridge curtains", sometimes called eisenglass, will probably cost you over a grand to have made, so I would contact the former owner of the boat, and ask if he overlooked providing them. If you can get them, even if the clear plastic is in bad shape, you could have new clear plastic material sewn into the sunbrella "canvas" much cheaper than buying all new.

You could call Grady, and find out what they will sell you a set for, or go to a canvas shop or 2, and get some prces. Make sure, whatever you do, that it is the heavier gauge, high quality clear, and not something thin and flimsy.

Others here who have done this, may offer suggestions.

typhoon411

Reaction score
Thanks Capt Bill,

Unfortunately this was a bank repossession so I donot have contact with the original owner... I'll give Grady a call and also see what I can find around. I know there are also people that custom make these as well so that may be a route. I was hoping that maybe there was a website for aftermarket grady bridge curtains, but maybe not.

I am doing a custom combing pad replacement which I'll be sure to post on the forums...

Thanks!

Joe