WEMA --- NO MORE ...for the individual customer. Been sold

grady23

Reaction score
WEMA has been bought out and renamed. In the past, they had a great relationship with the individual boater ---- NOT ANYMORE.
I called this past week to try and order new sender gaskets. When the phone was answered, I was told this is no longer WEMA but another corporation entirely. The customer rep said if I wanted to order ANYTHING, it would need to be a minimum purchase purchase of said item. Guess you just lost a ton of business. I have always been a fan of WEMA quality but I don't need 20 sender gaskets or 20 of ANYTHING you have.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Big corporations giving the finger to the people that helped them grow is the way of the world these days. There are a lot of fat, drunk, and happy companies that could stand to have a good old fashioned recession ass kicking.
If only the rest of us didn't caught up in the recession part too!

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Pompanette is the same way. You just have to find it online. I sold a computer cable business 20 years ago to a larger company rolling up small regional companies into a national company. At one point they came back to the salespeople and said you are getting 80% of your business from 20% of the customers. Don't bother with the little ones. They seem to forget that the top 20% came from somewhere.

Last edited:

seasick

Reaction score
Several years ago WEMA was purchased by KUS.
Consolidation in the marine industry has been pretty common. A few names that come to mind are Bennett ( now Yamaha?) , Shurflow (now Pentair), Jabsco (Xylem) and more. In many cases, the level of support has suffered.

family affair

Reaction score
Model
Islander
Pompanette is the same way. You just have to find it online. I sold a computer cable business 20 years ago to a larger company rolling up small regional companies into a national company. At one point they came back to the salespeople and said you are getting 80% of your business from 20% of the customers. Don't bother with the little ones. They seem to forget that the top 20% came from somewhere.
I'm reminded of this weekly on average. However, I try my best to give some time to those that I know have the right people and plan to grow. They never forget the effort and it pays back well for all later.