West Marine 5X points - 4/14 through 4/16 - Gold members get 20% back in rewards certificates

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I don’t work for West Marine and this deal is just too good not to share. West has a Silver and Gold memberships that give certificates back - up to 4%. Several weekend a year they offer 3X points -up to 12% back. This is the first time I saw a 5X weekend! 20% back.

"Five Times West Advantage Rewards will be added to qualified purchases made by West Advantage Gold Rewards members 04/14/2022 through 04/16/2022. "

I have been waiting until this weekend to make a big purchase. Garmin and some other manufactures don’t allow discounting. The rewards are a way to get a deal. Sure West prices are high but the unit I want is the same price everywhere. Bought a $4,000 Garmin unit and got $480 back. And those high prices will help me spend my $480 in certificates faster!

Reactions: SkunkBoat

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I need to replace my stereo...my Fusion crapped out. This will be the weekend to do it, apparently.

Reactions: JJMag

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I just need to replace the head unit....and the MS-RA 205 is discontinued. MS-RA210 will fit in the same hole but I can't find one of those either.

The MS-RA55 is close but not exact, and because it's mounted in an aluminum carbon-fiber panel that the previous owner had cut, I'm trying to avoid what should be a small job turning into a big job.

That said, at $110 if WM will price match (which is iffy around here), I may buy it and see if I can make it work in the panel.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Make sure to read the fine print. Only applicable to "currently in stock items." The things I was interested in such as the Garmin Fantom radar were in stock a day ago, but now are conveniently out of stock! As I read it, ordering during the offer period and awaiting delivery doesn't count. That means someone bought out a high priced item a day or two before the offer period?

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I just need to replace the head unit....and the MS-RA 205 is discontinued. MS-RA210 will fit in the same hole but I can't find one of those either.

The MS-RA55 is close but not exact, and because it's mounted in an aluminum carbon-fiber panel that the previous owner had cut, I'm trying to avoid what should be a small job turning into a big job.

That said, at $110 if WM will price match (which is iffy around here), I may buy it and see if I can make it work in the panel.
Fusion makes adapter kits for the head units to deal with different sizes.

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Make sure to read the fine print. Only applicable to "currently in stock items." The things I was interested in such as the Garmin Fantom radar were in stock a day ago, but now are conveniently out of stock! As I read it, ordering during the offer period and awaiting delivery doesn't count. That means someone bought out a high priced item a day or two before the offer period?
Exactly what Fantom radar model/item are you looking for?

Check other stores online in West web site. Stop in the local store and talk to them. I have always found the West employees will work with you to get the best deal. Even price matching Amazon.

They held a $4,000 Garmin 8612xsv for me at the Woodbridge store for 3 weeks that Cape May didn't have so I could get my 3X points. On the phone with no order, payment or deposit. I think that's pretty accommodating.

Last edited:

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Exactly what Fantom radar model/item are you looking for?

Check other stores online in West web site. Stop in the local store and talk to them. I have always found the West employees will work with you to get the best deal. Even price matching Amazon.

They held a $4,000 Garmin 8612xsv for me at the Woodbridge store for 3 weeks that Cape May didn't have so I could get my 3X points. On the phone with no order, payment or deposit. I think that's pretty accommodating.

Fantom 18x it wasn’t in any stores in Florida and not available online after yesterday. Agree they are accommodating but rules are rules I guess.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
On a $2,200 unit a 20% is $440 in coupons. I wouldn't be so quick to give up.

Online shows 3 in stock. Talk to the store and have them order it ship to store to save shipping.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
On a $2,200 unit a 20% is $440 in coupons. I wouldn't be so quick to give up.

Online shows 3 in stock. Talk to the store and have them order it ship to store to save shipping.
I see the black in stock but that is less popular and I need white (010-02584-00) White is not in stock on my computer or my phone, just checked and shows out of stock! Shipping is free over $99. Tried searching all over FL, none in stock. Strange! Could it be because I have cookies or signed in? Cleared all cookies and still out of stock. Can you confirm? Thanks!

Last edited:

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
I doubt its cookies. West inventory system seems pretty good to me.

I checked a few West locations around the Country and surrounding stores and I did find one: search: Washington, DC. Store 180 phone: 301-889-0004

I called the store this morning. Yes they have it in stock but it is their display model and they can not sell it. I thought that was strange but it was the store manager. I asked him if it could be ordered online and still get 5X points and he said YES!

Online shows out of stock but it says "Want to order anyway? Add to cart.".I called West Marine Customer service after talking to the store. Heather explained that the order date would qualify you for the 5X points even though you won't be billed until the item ships. If your points don't show up for some reason call West Customer service and they will make sure you get your 5X points.

So $400 back in West certificates on a $2,000 item that everyone is selling at list price anyway. Not sure when you will get it but its a great deal.

Last edited:

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
Thanks so much! I shouldn’t have stopped after reading the fine print! Maybe they don’t know about the fine print either! Great for you to go out of your way to help!

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
You do need to be a West Advantage Gold Member. You get it for free if you are a BoatUS member. Or you can sign up directly with West for $25.

This year I switched to BoatUS for towing but West renewed my Gold Membership around the same time. After a bunch of phone calls and bouncing between West and BoatUS customer service it got resolved. BoatUS refunded the $25 I paid to West (who did the renewal and took my money).

Welcome BoatU.S. Members​

West Advantage and BoatU.S. benefits provide boaters unsurpassed value.​

Through your membership in BoatU.S., you’re automatically enrolled in West Advantage Gold Rewards at West Marine.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
You do need to be a West Advantage Gold Member. You get it for free if you are a BoatUS member. Or you can sign up directly with West for $25.

This year I switched to BoatUS for towing but West renewed my Gold Membership around the same time. After a bunch of phone calls and bouncing between West and BoatUS customer service it got resolved. BoatUS refunded the $25 I paid to West (who did the renewal and took my money).

Welcome BoatU.S. Members​

West Advantage and BoatU.S. benefits provide boaters unsurpassed value.​

Through your membership in BoatU.S., you’re automatically enrolled in West Advantage Gold Rewards at West Marine.
Thanks again! I’ve been a gold member for over 10 years, but never bought big items from them. I typically get a few $$ certificates each year.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Don't forget its a three day sale - Thu/Fri/Sat.

I have never been a big buyer at West Marine. Usually something small I need right away. Free ship-to-store is handy sometimes. Extended warranty (addition to mfg warranty) on pumps has worked well for me. Unfortunately they won't warranty my anchors (bend one or two a year). I have a great store(SeaGear) next to West in CM that is my goto place. In the winter West is the only place around in the Keys. But West serves a purpose for me and they are doing a pretty good job. Besides I have all these coupons I have to spend and it has to be on boat stuff! Now what I do is get West to price match (even online stuff) and use my coupons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pat Hurley

SkunkBoat

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Model
Express 265
Agree. I've been finding most everything is cheaper on Amazon or Hodges if you can plan ahead. The points are what make them competitive for walk in/take out or when they have a deal AND you get points. If it weren't for their points I would have no reason to go there vs marina store.

I was thinking of proactively replacing some 24MD batteries and getting points. Even with 20% they can't compete with Autozone's everyday price

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Agree. I've been finding most everything is cheaper on Amazon or Hodges if you can plan ahead. The points are what make them competitive for walk in/take out or when they have a deal AND you get points. If it weren't for their points I would have no reason to go there vs marina store.

I was thinking of proactively replacing some 24MD batteries and getting points. Even with 20% they can't compete with Autozone's everyday price
I use Hodges too. But they don’t have a rewards program yet. My goto for batteries is Duracell AGM’s at Sam’s Club.

Hookup1

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Islander
Thanks again! I’ve been a gold member for over 10 years, but never bought big items from them. I typically get a few $$ certificates each year.
How did you make out? Did you buy the radar? I'm starting my project to repair/repaint my hardtop. I'll upgrade the radar since it has to come off. 18" Fantom 18 or 18x on next West Marine 3X weekend.

wspitler

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Express 330
How did you make out? Did you buy the radar? I'm starting my project to repair/repaint my hardtop. I'll upgrade the radar since it has to come off. 18" Fantom 18 or 18x on next West Marine 3X weekend.
I did buy the Fantom 18x, but it is back ordered. Not sure how long the wait will be, but look forward to the install! Discovered my GMR18 IS compatible with the 1243xsv despite what the Garmin website says, so I really didn't have to upgrade, but I'm sure I'll appreciate it once I get it.