whales and some fish on a 265 in OZ

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
5596294_bzyEB
Hop[e these pics get on the page ;we have been enjoying some great weather after 6 months of wind.

KingJ

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Good on ya mate! Those are awesome pictures.

Keep posting them if you can.

Cheers from Southern California!
Jim

mronzo

Reaction score
great pics!

If I ever get down under will you take me fishing on MY boat? 8)

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Thanks Guys ...just getting the hang of posting pics.....you are all welcome to come fishing with us any time.......just bring a smile and some stories.....thought someone might notice my custom baitrigging station......fits perfectly in the cockpit of the 265 and gives you 2 extra rodholders at a higher position than the gunnels, it has 4 drawers underneath to fit the largest minnows as well as holders for 2 knives pliers , cutters , elastic bands, sinkers, bait needles and beer (or as we call it a stubby)....ideal for the outside rigger rods.........did I say that I love my 265 and those 200hpdi's are starting to grow on me!

LittleMrs

Reaction score
The whale photos are FANTASTIC. I had to catch my breath on quite a few of them - they literally took my breath away. Thank you for sharing them.

Grog

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The shot of the Ocean in pic #10 is like one from a magazine.

jekyl

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We are from Townsville on the north Eastern coast. We fish for assorted bottom (food) fish on the Great Barrier Reef which is 40-50 miles offshore

Then in the winter we have a 3-4 month run of juvenile Black Marlin in side the reefs in 100+ ft of water. Sailfish are always a possibility around the reefs. By catch is Cobia, King (Spanish) Mackrel, Northern Bluefin,and smaller Tuna's.

From Oct to Jan we head out to the edge of the shelf and the outermost Reefs to fish for Giant Black Marlin (we are 200 miles South of Cairns)
Dolphinfish,Yellowfin and Dogtooth.

We have an aluminium bass boat to fish for Barramundi and Mangrove Jacks in the creeks and the impoundments for most of summer , which is really 6 months long here. Our weather is similar to Florida with Cyclones in summer . Glad you like the pics. hope to get some better fish pics posted soon. Did I mention that I love my 265........

Capt Bill

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
Great pics, and a nice 'crew' you have there too. :D That 265 is a great boat, and you seem to be a fantastic place to fish her. We really love those whale pics, too. Thank you for posting, and please post more, any time.