What A Day!

jetskibrian

Reaction score
Today I fished on my jet ski in the Marina Shores Million Dollar Rockfish Challenge. It had been delayed due to bad weather. The weather today was perfect with flat and calm seas, which I needed considering the distance I covered today.
I departed Crab Creek Boat Ramp at Lynhaven inlet in Virginia Beach Virginia around 0630hrs, I ran into STYX on the boat "Havana Banana" at the dock and we decided to run South together along the Atlantic coast. Run South we did, ended up finding the bite off of Duck, North Carolina. I caught 10 Striped Bass today, all on a Stretch 30 and a Mojo. Most of them were 29-34 inches but I did manage a 36 and 37 incher that I weighed in for the tourny. No Million dollars for me today but I had a great time trying.
Today was my longest round trip to date. I covered 152 miles between running and trolling. I burned 32 gallons and averaged 38 miles an hour going and 47 miles coming back. I am pretty sure I was the only jet ski out there. Ha!
Happy New Year All.
Hear are some pictures I took today.

DSC_0072a.jpg

righthook.jpg

reellucky.jpg

handyman.jpg

fountain.jpg

emptypockets.jpg

contender.jpg

twinvee.jpg

duckresearchpier.jpg

curritucklight.jpg

rock-1.jpg

hds.jpg

DSC_0065a-2.jpg

DSC_0067a.jpg

DSC_0069a.jpg

jetskibrian

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I enjoy doing the posts and pictures. The tournament ends today, right now the the leader is "Handyman" with two fish at 73.85 lbs. I am at a deficit trolling only two lines versus the big team boats pulling a dozen, but I still wanted to give it a try. I am going to fish one more tournament with my brother on the ski with me next week. The Rock Fish Shootout.