What are these brackets for?

fishbust

Reaction score
036_zps1ccd2cd7.jpg

NO REGRETS

Reaction score
removable rod holder, for the stainless , down rigger mount for the black plastic(or a leash pin holder for a rod security leash)...looks like a pin goes in the hole :hmm

fishbust

Reaction score
I guess I can use the rod holder bracket, match it up with a new one and just use the holder. That bracket took away the only spot I had to put a name on the stern. Will make something small for a name and put it on the tuna door, gotta have a name to make it mine! 8)

But that black downrigger plate has to go. Will replace it with a piece of starboard, will look 1,000 times better.

Fishtales

Reaction score
Hi,
The SS one looks like a vlock. These are pretty useful. You may be able to mount a bunch of different things with it.
http://www.v-lock.com/

The block looks like to me (as what others have stated) a down rigger mount, although it would need to be a long arm downrigger if that is it.

toolguy73

Reaction score
You could take the bracket off, reinstall the screws and then letter over the screws. Or fill in the holes and letter over them. With some imagination you could probably cover those holes with the vinyl and no one would ever know they were there.