What color sunbrella for my canvas?

2ndChance

Reaction score
Greetings,

I own a 1993 208 that has been mostly trailer kept and is in excellent shape. Has a 2007 Etec on it. Boat also has a full enclosure and canvas top which are being replaced. My question is, what color do you suppose would work best? I'd like a shade of blue, but I don't want to select something that will fade quickly. Looking at the sunbrella site, there are at least 20 shades of blue that could be in the mix. The original top and sides were white, but over time, they turned grey. This is the sunbrella webpage I'm looking at: http://www.sunbrella.com/showroom/#subm ... app=001000. I like #80, captain navy plus and #60 marine blue. Let me know what your experiences have been with these shades, or if you have a better suggestion.

I appreciate it.

SmokyMtnGrady

Reaction score
My boat came with Sunbrella curtains from the factory with what ever navy blue they use. I could not tell you whether it is #60 or #80. With that said, it has held up well for me. I do keep my boat under cover when not in use so I suspect this helps a bit. Thinking back about my old 192, it too had factory oem curtains and they held up well against fading. Sunbrella makes some good fabric and I have found it to be fade resistant.

BobP

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Model
Sailfish
I believe mine is navy too. At least I recall it's the darker one if given a choice.

It was made in 2001 for the Sailfish as a replacement for the 1992 originals.

Still cranking, same set on boat. And it's never been out of the sun.

Color is great.

ENichols56

Reaction score
I had a Captain Navy color bimini top that didn't quite match up with the rest of the navy blue on my 228. I think the Navy "not captain" might match up a little better. All in what you want. Call grady and ask which color they use. They are very helpful.