What happened to East Coast Trailers?

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Steve shut it down about a month ago. He and I have remained in contact. Without getting into details, the relationship between him and Loadmaster went downhill.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
That's too bad. I bought from ECT four years ago. Got a good deal, quick and personalized service. Got some lights and seals from Loadmaster last year, expensive and not the same ... :?

gw204

Reaction score
Parthery said:
Without getting into details, the relationship between him and Loadmaster went downhill.

Does he still deal with Hi-Tech and Owens and Sons? I dont' have any experience with Owens, but the Hi-Tech I put under my Sailfish was a much better trailer than the "top of the line" Loadmaster I had before it. Heck, I think the quality of the '76 EZ-Loader that's under my 23' Formula was better than the Loadmaster (it was an '05).

Regardless of what happened, it's a shame. Steve was great to deal with!

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
The Owens and Sons deal was short-lived.

Most of what he did was Loadmaster and he sold a fair number of them over the years. From what I know, he was able to get production slots with Loadmaster and get trailers built quicker. Hi-Tech builds a nice trailer, but if I recall it was taking 3 weeks or so to get one built. Not too many folks wanted to wait that long.