What have you done to your Grady lately?

athomp228

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Added a tablet at the helm for backup maps, media controller, weather, etc. Ran HDMI to USB C cable through hard top tubing into overhead electronics space and connected to 12V TV mounted to door. TV is only really useful at night.

Also built a panel with USB/USB C for phone/tablet charging and space for wire from TV.

Attachments

• 20230818_140105.jpg
    20230818_140105.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 70
  • 20230728_230940.jpg
    20230728_230940.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
took it for what was likely the last run of the season, washed it, and started scheduling off season maintenance. it will get a 100 hour, impellers, mid section scope, and a fuel tank pressure test.

Sardinia306Bimini

Reaction score
Model
Bimini
Waiting impatiently that Broker calls to and tell me if the price owner wants is what I expect and when I can go to sea trial her.
If sea trial goes well and we agree with price, then she's mine.
DANG! I hate waiting ...
Chris

5-Salt

Reaction score
Model
Voyager
Installed new Simrad NSX 12in Plotter; Installed Center Fuel Tank; Inspected main tank; Installed all new inspection ports,; and Re-sealed all deck openings

Web - Aux Tank.jpg

Web - Main Tank.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Stephnic

Mark DV

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
Caught a pile of fish. Filled it up with gas and charged trolling motor. She is gonna need some love this winter. But........ fishing is pretty good in the winter.......

Reactions: Ekea

Tdurr22

Reaction score
Model
Seafarer
i looked through a few pages of post listings and didnt see a thread like this. a couple other forums im on have running threads where everyone can just post what they are currently working on in terms of improvement, maintenance, cleaning, modifications, etc... without having a dedicated personal build thread. if this belongs in General Discussion, feel free to move.

over the weekend, i finished pulling all deck and gunnel screws so i could caulk the holes and reinstall the screws. also replaced all deck plates. the bang cap also got a bead of caul all the way around. yesterday i dropped the boat off at the marina for new trim senders, thermostats, bleeding of the steering system, and fiberglass restoration of the splash well (so i can apply the vinyl name).

how about you?
Hahaha well I got one for ya a 1983 I/O seaferor. I purchased for $500 from a guy that used it for a planter box and worn bed. So my afternoon time has been spent cleaning, removed gas tank all hatches ,cabin doors and helm plywood, removed all trim,motor was already removed so I finished off the outdrive and tore into the transom that way toast. I removed fuel cell area rot and replaced , started tapping in new plywood and plugged transom hole from outdrive. I purchased all new to me electronics for a great deal, a 2012 Yamaha X250F and picking up my floatation swim bracket Saturday so that's were I'm at in 3 weeks lol. Post pictures soon GO GO GRADY REFURB LOL

Reactions: Sdfish and Peter A

dogdoc

Reaction score
Model
Marlin
Last trip door to radio box kept flopping down in some rough water. Started to refurbish and replace hinges but went to a flush mount look. Not perfect but at least cleaner. Small glove box angles down so stuff would possibly slide out but most likely will be used to store the radio mike.

oldbox.jpg

newbox.jpg

Reactions: Primo

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
dropped mine off at the shop for annual service, mid section inspection, impellers, fuel tank pressure test, and a couple other small things...

Jimsalv

Reaction score
Model
Explorer
well I'm having fun replacing a fuel tank! 92 Explorer

Ekea

Reaction score
Model
Chase
so as mentioned in my other post, my tank is getting replaced. Atlantic Coastal Welding in NJ will be fabricating the new one.

5-Salt

Reaction score
Model
Voyager