What is this worth 1997 G.White 208 Adventure w/ Yamaha 150

Zrob

Reaction score
Thanks CJ, that is good to know! Do you know any info on this motor:

1998 - 1999 Yamaha 175 TXRW ??

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I didn't find the txrw designation, but here are a pair of '95 150's. That's the saltwater series II or SWII we keep referring to. I believe by 99 they were fuel injected. It's a 2-stroke outboard with oil injection. 99 was the last year they made the 175 size but I think they made the 150 and 200-250 for a few more years. Also referred to as the OX66. They are good motors although burn more fuel and oil than the newer HPDI.

One primary issue is simply that it's 10 years old this year. But properly maintained it should run for many more seasons. Back in the day they were state of the art and the best you could get!

yam150.jpg

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Baragain Hard

There are ALOT of used boats for sale and the end of the boating season is fast approaching. Forget the "Blue Book" value and be patient!! Get what you want - it's out there somewhere.

hotajax

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
175 TXRW Yamaha...

I can't speak specifically about that HP, but I have a '98 225 TXRW and it is a champ!!

enfish

Reaction score
Model
Adventure
I'll vouch for the carburated SWS motors. 1500+ hours on ours and still runs like a champ (knocking on my wood table now). Yamalube and Ring-Free every time and compression is still at factory new specs.

Zrob

Reaction score
OnoEric said:
I'll vouch for the carburated SWS motors. 1500+ hours on ours and still runs like a champ (knocking on my wood table now). Yamalube and Ring-Free every time and compression is still at factory new specs.

Great, because there is a 1997 Grady 208 Adventure I am looking at with the Yamaha having carburetors, oil injected. This is in my price range $15k.

2000+ Gradys with the 4S outboards seemed to priced out of my range at $30k+, and I really dont see many for sale either.

Thanks.

CJBROWN

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Zrob said:
2000+ Gradys with the 4S outboards seemed to priced out of my range at $30k+, and I really dont see many for sale either.

I paid over forty for mine three years ago, and put another grand or more in it for equipment. Replacement cost is over fifty for new.

It is currently listed on useboats.com, for 38 I think. No calls. There are zero for sale on the west coast. It costs a couple of grand to get a boat shipped out here.

Zrob

Reaction score
Well I have figured now that I have two options to stay within my budget of 18k and they are:

1. Buy a 1997 20' walkaround with a Yamaha 2S for 15k hoping to get a few more years out of that motor

or
  2. Buy a 1986 20' walkaround for maybe 8k and put a new Suzuki 4S on it for 10k

NJ-JOHN

Reaction score
Thought I would mention Honda offers 4.99% on 4 stroke repower, and I may have seen 0% from Yamaha. This made it possible for me to get the bigger boat with new power.

Also check this site, I've seen a few good deals in the last couple of weeks.

http://www.mmboats.com/boats.php?status=0

Got Bass Charters

Reaction score
Zrob said:
Got Bass Charters said:
Just priced a 200hp yam 2 stroke, 12,000 for the motor,3000 for installation plus sales tax comes to well over 16,000. Decided to have my old 225hp refitted with rebuilt power head and a new block,price $3600 total with tax. On my 89 overnighter it stayed more in line with what the boat is worth.

When you say a new block, does that include the pistons,crank, and bearings?

Block will be set up with remanfactured parts,this is a rebuilding shop and they do all their own work. They have same day service,it takes 6 hr. to do the exchange. I"m dropping the motor off on the morning of 9/14 and pick it up at the end of the business day.1 yr. gaurantee.

Zrob

Reaction score
Got Bass Charters said:
Zrob said:
Got Bass Charters said:
Just priced a 200hp yam 2 stroke, 12,000 for the motor,3000 for installation plus sales tax comes to well over 16,000. Decided to have my old 225hp refitted with rebuilt power head and a new block,price $3600 total with tax. On my 89 overnighter it stayed more in line with what the boat is worth.

When you say a new block, does that include the pistons,crank, and bearings?

Block will be set up with remanfactured parts,this is a rebuilding shop and they do all their own work. They have same day service,it takes 6 hr. to do the exchange. I"m dropping the motor off on the morning of 9/14 and pick it up at the end of the business day.1 yr. gaurantee.

And if it last that first year then you know it was done right, and should last quite a while after that. Well worth a re-build as you said based on new prices on these motors.