What model Grady White do you own?

toppay

Reaction score
I have a 1988 204c overnighter with a 1995 150 Johnson Ocean Pro. I fish mostly in the Jones Inlet area of Long Island NY but occasionly take trips to the north shore and out east.

hlights2

Reaction score
1986 Trophy Pro 25'
w/ 2003 (leftovers) twin 150 Yamahas - (60 hours to date)

Sorry guys - but as I was starting to post after I first registered, work duties called.
I keep my boat in Lanoka Harbor, NJ and run out of Barnaget Inlet. This will be the 9th season of ownership of my boat. The boat has been upgraded alittle every year since I've had it. Last spring (2004) being the most expensive - she was repowered. But I'm now to the point where she looks and runs like new. A whole lotta time and a whole lotta $$$$ but well worth it.
A great fishing boat as well as a great boat for the family. What I really like is the 9' 6'' beam - don't see to many, if any, of the newer 25' boats with the 9 - 6 beam, definately a plus.

scottg

Reaction score
Dr. Kleen said:
I put the 10" nanvnet in mine, and is has worked well. The only problem I've had with it is the tides issues with them being off by 5 hrs and no way to correct them.

jeff d

PS: Congrats on your new ride, you will love it

Dr. Kleen,

Do you have the time zone set correctly? I see that you are on the East Coast. During daylight savings time, there is a five hour difference between GMT and local time. GMT is what GPS is based on, it then corrects for your local time zone to display local time.

D.D.

Reaction score
We purchased a 2005, 226 Seafarer with a 200 hp Yamaha and a Bimini top. We've been sailors for many years and now have decided to switch. The boat is terrific and the wife is very pleased. Our boat is named FORCE 10 which as you know refers to wind strength on the Beaufont scale. We do all our boating on Barnegat Bay and would like to plan a trip to Annapolis, Md. :D

Dr. Kleen

Reaction score
Yes, I have the time zone correct, it appears to be a software problem with Furuno, which is not a priority for them. Talked to a million guys about it at all of the boat shows, and they can't give any solutions. Gotta backup Garmin that will show them.

jeff d

ddog

Reaction score
Grady in sig. Bought in 1999 with rotten transom. Replaced transom, left cut out and added Stainless Marine aluminum bracket with integral platform that I found used in boat trader. Replaced fuel tank and repaired ,reinforced stringers in tank compartments. Recommissioned mini lobster season 2001 in Islamorada. Can walk right out of the back of the boat with dive gear on.

greyg8r

Reaction score
Jeff D (Dr. Kleen):

Thanks for reassuring me that I am not insane!!! I tried for 20 minutes today, using all sorts of setup commands, to set the time to no avail. It continued to be off by 4 or 5 hours. I guess this means I have to move to Hawaii 8)

OutKast

Reaction score
First Grady

What's funny is I sold a 305 Albemarle with Cats becuase I am planning to relocate south. I went to the Miami show and got up on the 330 Express and thought it was pretty impressive. Just so happens my broker took one in on trade so we worked out a deal. My wife commented that I made it a whole two weeks without buying another boat... The boat has 2003 250 Bombardier motors which run at about 1.3 MPG at 4300. For what I paid for it I'll run 'em till their done and switch if I want.

MrPat

Reaction score
Re: First Grady

OutKast said:
What's funny is I sold a 305 Albemarle with Cats becuase I am planning to relocate south. I went to the Miami show and got up on the 330 Express and thought it was pretty impressive. Just so happens my broker took one in on trade so we worked out a deal. My wife commented that I made it a whole two weeks without buying another boat... The boat has 2003 250 Bombardier motors which run at about 1.3 MPG at 4300. For what I paid for it I'll run 'em till their done and switch if I want.

Dale, those new Bombardiers have a great track record. They will run for many years to come. :D

GreenGrunt

Reaction score
Many years ago, at my high school class' 20th reunion, I asked a classmate who had gone into charter fishing in Alaska what boat he would recommend. He said two words: "Grady White!"

Since then, I've owned a couple boats, but neither was a GW. Also, my job (the Green Machine, AKA U.S. Army) didn't leave much time or expendable income for such pursuits as boating, fishing, etc.

Now, I'm looking for an Advance that I can call my own.

Guy

walt bowen

Reaction score
Thanks,
Megabytes, I actually just brought the boat home to atlanta a couple of weeks ago from your area in wrightsville beach, had the guys at rpm marine and marine whse. detail and service the boat and also purchased a new trailer. Bought the boat from an older gentleman in Holden Beach and worked w/a broker at s.e. yacht.
Anyway thanks for the reply and yes I am very fimiliar w/the 273 and I had planned on purchasing one until my wife started trimming my boat budget....However I think we are really going to enjoy the new boat.

Walt Bowen
Atl. GA

megabytes

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Cool. Another fellow on this board recently purchased my first boat from a broker - a 1988 228G. Where will you keep the boat and where do you plan to fish.

walt bowen

Reaction score
Currently I'm keeping it at a covered storage facility near our house and near lake lanier, I keep it on the trailer as we will be trailering it to and from Panama City Beach. I given some thought to storing it there in PCBeach as we have a place there however we will use it some at lake lanier near home. After taking it down for the 4th and also bringing it home from NC w/my wifes excursion its a fair size load.....the excursion has the v-10 and normally gets around 14.5 on the road, but pulling the 263 we were getting around 7.5 :shock: maintaining around 67-68mph. Anyway I think we will really enjoy the boat, it was pretty well loaded w/ electronics when it was originally purchased from crocker's and I just got a new map for the eastern gulf so I think one of my next challenges will be learning the electronics.

Walt

Parthery

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
Walt...

A number of us on the forum keep our boats up at Lake Lanier when they are not on their way to the coast. Myself, Bokat, and Bob's Cay.

Let us know when you will be on the lake...would love to see the new ride...