What model Grady White do you own?

GLORY DAYS

Reaction score
Just about a year ago, I bought my first Grady White. It is a 1990 228G with a hard top and a 1996 200 HP Johnson. Love the boat! It's sitting out the winter on land, but I hope to splash it soon and go for some of those Chesapeake rockfish.

Dutch Treat

Reaction score
First post

Just found the board thru a link on 2coolfishing.

I am glad to see a Grady board. Mine is a 1983 25' Trophy Pro. Similar to a Sailfish but with the port side of cabin all rod racks and storage. Bought it new at the Houston boat show in 83.

Currently powered with a pair of '97 150hp Johnson Oceanrunners. Hardtop and it's framework have been completely replaced with custom components. Why that was necessary is a story for another time. In fact, there is not much that hasn't been replaced over the years. Fuel tanks are next.

Boat name is Dutch Treat. If you ever go fishing with me you will understand the name....... Everybody shares in the expenses! :D

I am looking forward to lots of good Grady info and fish stories..........

Bob

Tournament223

Reaction score
Welcome aboard

Welcome aboard Glory Days, Dutch Treat :D and Sonofabutcher..Glad to have you here..We hope you guys participate and enjoy the site

A

Anonymous

Our Boat

We own a 1990 23' gulfstream with twin 1996 150 yamaha's. The boats name is "Lotta Sea" after my wife Charlotte (Lotta) we bought her used and after a little tlc have ended up with a great boat. This is my first Grady White It won't be my last!!

Tournament223

Reaction score
Welcome Mecoz54 :D Make yourself at home...Great bunch of people on this site..We hope you become an active participant in our forums and also post pictures in the tips and modification section about your 23 gulfstream and the improvements you made....Talk to you soon

chrisA.

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
We own a 1995 268 Islander w/twin 175 johnsons,this is our second Grady,our first was a 1989 226 Seafarer that we repowered from a 1990 200 Evinrude to a 2001 225 Ficht Evinrude.We have done several modifications and additions to this one as well as the last one,I will from time to time chime in with a comment or some advice about a repair or modification if I feel it would help.Good luck with the forum,maybe we can keep this one going! Chris

Tournament223

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Chris :D ...Yes we will keep this one going...The forums are only as good as the people who participate...Post some of your modifications to your islander in the modification and tips section....Talk to you soon

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
I have had my 88 25 sailfish since 97 and before that I had the 24 offshore. In 02 I decided the sailfish was perfect for me and repowered with twin 200 HPDI's. My father bought the 20 overnighter in 89 and in 01 decided to go with a new 21 aquasport. Three years later and only 60 hrs on the aquasport he decided to go back to grady and bought the gulfstream w/twin four strokes at the NY boat show thats being built as I type.

gradywhite2Small.jpg

JTB

Reaction score
I have a 2001 222 Fisherman w/ a 200 HPDI here in VA. We fish The Chesapeake, VA Beach, Oregon Inlet and Hatteras. Contemplating a new 232 Gulfstream. Great site.

mronzo

Reaction score
Hey Gman ! See you off Long Island this summer!
T-150s or more?! 8)

sponserv

Reaction score
Tried to post.......

here the first day I registered but ran into technical difficulties. Anyway I am very excited as I just purchased a 2002 Gulfstream 232 w/F225.

Have already added a full enclosure and Raymarine RL70C electronics package including a 4kw radome.

Words cannot describe how exciited I am about this boat.

Thanks for creating this awesome Grady site and I look forward to being a regular contributor. 8)

Tournament223

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Sponserv and Gman25 :D Sponserv, there are quite a few guys waiting on new boats on this forum.....Congrats on your new boat and we hope you participate in the forums.....Talk to you soon

Gman25

GreatGrady Captain
Reaction score
mronzo,
Im looking foward to getting out there to start the season. I have the worst case of cabin fever, and im hearing another 4-8 inches today?! Well, see ya out there in a few more weeks.

wkeenan

Reaction score
guapa-day%20smaller-copy.jpg

Hi all,

our grady is a 1989 marlin which we repowered with twin 2004 yamaha f225 4 strokes last year. her name is guapa day, which is pronounced guapa die, and is filipino for pretty lady. we keep her in milford harbor on long island sound in ct. we bought the boat 5 years ago and have loved every minute we've spent on it since. we travel with 2 other grady white owners from milford, one a 28' and the other a 26', and they are equally pleased with their boats.

bill

Tournament223

Reaction score
Welcome Aboard Bill :D ....Nice Marlin....I fixed your boat name.....Tell your 2 friends you travel with about the site...Talk to you soon

Bokat

Reaction score
Boats

Hello all,

My boat is a 1993 230 Gulfstream I bought in 2002. The 230 model has the transom cutout instead of the full transom that is on the newer models.

I am a member of a salt water fishing club in Atlanta, Ga. We trailer to our tournaments in Venice, La; Orange Beach, Al; Destin, Fl; Mexico Beach, Fl; the SE and SW coasts of Fl. including the Keys. Once or twice a year I make a run to Walkers or Grand Bahama Island from the Stuart, Fl area. The first part of June we are going to Port Lucaya for a week if anybody wants to cross over with us.

The Boat came with a bimini top and original 1993 loran and Apelco radio. I have added a hard top (Blue Coral Sportfishing towers in Pensacola) with 15' Taco outriggers. I replaced all the electronics in 2003 and 2004 to include: Garmin 2006c, Standard Horizon Spectrum + VHF, JRC 4kw radar, Raymarine ST5000 autopilot and I just installed a Jensen Stereo/CD player. It also had 1993 twin Johnson 140hp motors that I just replaced with twin 2003 175hp Evinrude DI motors this past fall. I just bought an Azimuth KVH 1000 compass from Tournament 223 so I can run heading data to my radar. Thanks Tim for the compass and a great site. I am looking forward to the great info and conversation from other Grady owners. One of these days I will post a Picture.

capeguy

Reaction score
1999 Sportsman 18' CC with a Yamaha 130HP. Great little boat for the south shore and cape cod area.